⛧Face the reality | Part Two⛧

Frank's eyes darted around for a moment as his mouth hung open for a moment before he finally exhaled, looking at me. "Um, okay, I'll help you. However, I need you to trust me, alright?"

"Why would I trust you?" I raised an eyebrow. He was being unproportionally serious for the situation, in worrying manner.

"Because there's exactly no reason for me to..." He never finished that sentence, pressing his lips together with a defeated sigh. "Because it'll start looking like I'm making things up, like if I'm crazy, obsessed, have been doing too many drugs – whatever, I've heard all of it and I don't care, you just need to trust me, okay?"

For the first time, I felt security in Frank's words and he didn't seem to be pretending or anything. I nodded. "Okay, then. What is it?"

Frank reached into his jacket, somehow pulling a book from there then handing it to me. "It will make sense." His eyes locked with mine, like if making a wordless promise, and I couldn't help but to believe him even if there was no apparent reason for so. He carefully handed me the book, careful so I wouldn't touch him, but I tried to not think about it and observe the book instead.

There is something about that book; it gives me a weird feeling, not in a bad sense. The leather cover has a metal sign in the middle of it, saying Creatures of the dark and the light and the in between with a few stones decorating it while the corners are covered by detailed metal pieces.

"Please answer me when I text you." I was too tired to argue further, too tired to even think properly about what I would even argue with him about.

"Will do." Frank's voice was quiet, small. The situation also stressed him. "I'm sorry."

The way home was longer than I wished it was, my legs heavy, and all I could think about was taking a shower then throwing myself on my bed, maybe taking a look on the book if I had time. Mom made me a few questions and insisted that I should eat something when I arrived home, but I was soon able to go to my room and relax.

I sat down under the covers, soon finding myself looking at the book. I couldn't wait until the next day and took it in hands.

Chapter one: Demons

.

"You don't look like you slept well," Jepha told me, raising an eyebrow. "Thank hell it is Friday, tho. Are you alright? Want to talk about it?" He furrowed his eyebrows lightly as looking over at me, both of us yet again ignoring the professor.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I smiled at him, wondering if Bert told him anything about what had happened in the previous day. At least I was certain that Bert wasn't angry at me or anything because he had been texting me normally after a brief talk about what had happened, though I had to reassure him over a thousand times that I wasn't going to hold any grudge towards what happened. There are too many things to worry about already.

Jepha slowly nodded. "You coming over to the store today, right," he asked softly and I actually appreciate his attempt of trying to make me feel better. "I'm paying you a coffee."

"Of course." I grinned. "I was already thinking about it, but your offer made it impossible to not go."

Both of us chuckled lightly as looking at each other.

The tiredness didn't make things easy for me, still, I tried to focus when talking with Ryan and Dallon when meeting them in the next break. Concern was rather obvious under all the questions they made me, most of them trying to indirectly find out if things were really alright with me – they weren't, but I tried to make it sound like they were, what is actually very questioning considering how tired I was. There were probably a few questions I left unanswered, but oh hell.