⛧And sooner or later, it's over⛧

I blink, observing Frank for a long moment. He paces around the kitchen as he gathers the dirty dishes from dinner to wash them since the other three have left, observing him sometimes mutter a song and move his hips.

I have still been getting used to the changes, still exploring what I can do, figuring out how to use the vital power I can steal whenever needed. Sometimes, I end up accidentally slipping into people's minds and dreams, which isn't exactly the best thing ever, though it can be a great help if I learn how to use it.

Gerard's mind happened to be one of the minds I got into, quite unfortunately. The things I saw weren't exactly pleasing, which got me thoughtful for most of the day. Having such a wide grasp of the existence isn't that easy to handle, sometimes having me slip into existential crises that I didn't wish to go through. Thinking so much even gives me... well, I don't think it's exactly a headache. The notion of pain is different now the discomfort is much more like a pressure or some type of itch instead of literal pain. There's too much inside my head, like it's...

"(Y/n)? Love?" Frank's hand waves in front of my face and I snap back to reality, raising my eyebrows. "You've been looking into nothing for a while now. Is everything okay?"

A sigh escapes my lips as I rub my face. "Yeah. I'm just a little tired, 's all."

Frank seems a little puzzled at the mention of me being tired, but he only nods.

Everything is so different.

A smile tugs on my lips as I look at him, my heart fluttering a little. There's no reason in particular for it, but there's this contentment... I sigh as I lean in and kiss him on the lips gently. Even common touches feel different, with this deeper connection. It's all exhausting, though it makes me want to keep going nonetheless.

Frank's hands meet my hips as he sighs, his breath fanning over the skin between my nose and upper lip gently. His thumbs rub circles into my hips in a soothing motion.

A familiar sound makes me pause the kiss to look out the window of the kitchen, and raindrops start to stain the glass.

The sound of the rain is louder in the living room, the sound of the thick drops outside is almost deafening, but there's some comfort in it, even with the sound of thunder eventually echoing in the distance.

Frank suddenly stands up from the couch, heading over to the gramophone in the corner of the room. He skips through the records collection that sits on the shelf nearby. Unsteady, flickering sounds cut through the relative silence of the room before it's filled with proper music. The atmosphere is perfect, from the sound of the rain to the way the chandelier casts delicate lighting over the room and illuminates Frank's face just right as he walks back towards me.

Frank's hand is outstretched in a wordless invitation that I take by slipping my hand into his. A smile graces Frank's lips as he pulls me closer, making the fancy greeting with a hand behind his back and a light bow before he pulls me into dancing properly. We have had plenty of time to learn things, from dances to languages to cultures around the world. It's easy to enjoy the world and be around when you're a creature like that. Hence, I'd already memorized each step, dancing across the mansion's living room as I'd done many times before, even allowing my mind to slip away from reality and dive into Frank's hazel eyes while we danced.

The lyrics never failed in awakening memories and feelings and me, making me feel the same way I had felt when I first fell in love with Frank.

Now, however, we had eternity as we pleased. All the time laid in our hands to be spent with each other.

There were sacrifices that needed to be done for the sake of it, of course. Abandoning life as I once knew and positioning myself as a spectator of mortals, watching them come and go while keeping the order of the other world along with the others. Years dragged by faster than they tended to, but filled with much more emotion, filling journals with memories and stories about false identities or secrets about historical moments that wouldn't dare to be shared to the public.

It was a lot more complex, but still more exciting than romanticized thoughts would make it seem, but still, I wouldn't change any detail of it. I'd given up on forever just so I would actually be able to be by Frank's side without any regrets lingering in my mind and holding me back.

Because I don't think they would understand me. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am.

☾═°∴,*⋅✲═〖✞〗═✲⋅*,∴°═☽

* not proofread