⛧your violence feels like kisses to me⛧

"...because whatever
darkness you bear
is nothing compared
to my love for you."

I sigh as finishing to read the poem to myself and, as much as I'm satisfied with the result, this heavy, sad feeling continues to pester me whenever I think about it. Considering how I kept writing the poem and keep rereading it again through all of this, I must be a masochist of my own feelings, as well. How deplorable.

The professor asking for the assignments has me standing up to place it on the desk along with the other students, though not all of them.

All that is left is to sit back on my chair with this mild anxiety mixed with relief in my chest, trying to hold onto anything that'll distract myself from either this or the thought of what has happened, but it's difficult since nothing seems to be interesting enough.

None of the guys contacted me after I left and I don't care if all the signs point to it, I just don't want to believe they wanted me just because of the necklace then leave again, not to mention I have literally no reason to doubt they can show up out of sudden to erase my memories. Keeping the memories isn't all I want, damn, I also want Frank. Everything seems so close yet so far, escaping my touch whenever I reach for it. These ten days since I last saw Frank feel like forever and nothing at the same time.

"(L/n)?" The soft voice of the professor brings me back to reality. "The hour is over."

I blink a few times and look at her with a nod, sighing as noticing the room is empty whilst she organizes her desk. "Oh, yeah, sorry," I mutter, quickly shoving my things into my bag after standing up.

"Are you alright?" The professor stops me before I can leave the room. "You seem to be a bit distracted."

My mind just stops – I continue staring out the room, hand griping onto the strap of my bag, trying to think about something that won't earn me any other question. "Just didn't sleep well. Thanks for the worry." I glance back with a small smile, deciding not to even give her an opportunity to answer, and walk out of there.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" Ryan's voice cuts through my thoughts – or the lack of them – on my way down the hall, followed by the sound of two pairs of feet tapping against the ground. Stopping, I look back to see Ryan and Dallon, both stopping when reaching me, a bit out of breath but smiling nonetheless. "Hi! You disappeared for these few days!" He furrows his eyebrows lightly, tilting his head. "Something happened?"

"Um, not really." I smile, feeling even guiltier to be lying and not talking to them now after remembering what once happened. On the other hand, I don't feel so bad anymore about all the disagreements that happened with Brendon before he left – he wasn't nice at all with being rejected. To be honest, now I am aware of how the situation could have been a lot easier and simpler if I knew better, though it wasn't like it would be as interesting. Meeting Frank isn't something I'll ever regret. "But how are you guys doing?"

Dallon shrugs lightly, noticeably relaxing. "Just fine despite all the stress of the deadlines, y'know."

Ryan nods, humming. "I had already finished everything some time before, but I was still nervous. Like, I tend to forget things, so I was afraid I'd forget to bring it. A shame not every teacher accepts it online, but that's fine."

"Agreed, but things were a bit different to me." I press my lips together into a smile. "I spent most of the two months procrastinating then practically did everything in a single night, but I think it's good." I think back to not having anything else to do since I couldn't sleep, what directly leaded to me grabbing the notebook and starting to scribble down exactly what wasn't letting me sleep. Needless to say, I was in such a state by the morning that mom insisted I should stay home.