LI

"You're joking."

Guinevere let out a sigh as she set her teacup gently on the table. Odette sat across from her as they drank tea while Derek slept in the guest room.

Him and Guinevere have been playing hide and seek just half an hour ago and now he was snoozing from the exhaustion of laughing and running around.

"I just don't think we're ready." Guinevere trailed off.

"Nonsense! You're both of legal age and married for three years! I'm sure he'll be delighted to know you're carrying your first child!" Odette exclaimed.

"Bu-"

"No, don't even think of keeping this important news from him. He deserves to know." Odette interjected, raising a hand at her.

Guinevere bit on her lip while her hand subconsciously found its way to her belly.
Odette sighed and reached over to take her free hand and give it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm sure he'll be happy once you tell him."

~•°•~

Guinevere watched as the carriage went off. Derek protested when his mother announced that they'd be heading home but Guinevere reassured him that she'll be visiting them soon which convinced him to go.

He was very much like her brother, strong willed yet soft at the same time. Guinevere suddenly wished Lancelot was here. He for sure would be elated by the news that he'll be having a niece or nephew.

She took in a deep breath and watched the setting sun. Granger would be back in a few hours and she's gonna have to prepare herself on telling him.

Odette was right, he needed to know.

After two hours of her just reading a book, Linda approached her and told her of Granger's arrival. Guinevere immediately stood to welcome her husband.

"Welcome home, love." Guinevere greeted him as soon as he got down his horse.

Granger smiled and gave her a soft and quick kiss on the lips, "I have news."

Guinevere blinked and went with him as they walked towards the manor.

"I do too." She chuckled.

Granger raised a brow and smiled, "Uh huh? Tell me first then."

Guinevere shook her head, "No, you go first."

"Well it's not really good news but I guess it's something that'll help me with my standing in Castle Atlas." Granger started.

They made their way to the dining hall like they would usually do to have their dinner together. Guinevere watched him as he talked with a smile on his lips.

"Princess Silvanna has sent me and Harith to represent Castle Atlas to Eruditio to make alliance there." He continued.

Guinevere blinked and paused in her tracks, which made him stop and turn fully to her.

"You're leaving?" She trailed off.

Granger sighed and took her hands in his, "I'm sorry but yes, we'll be leaving in two days. I promise I'll return to you in one piece."

Guinevere stared into his scarlet eyes and saw excitement in them. He always had that interest and passion in adventures just like her and she felt like she'd be caging him in if she told him of her condition now. Perhaps she could just tell him the moment he returned from that trip instead?

"Love?" Granger called which made her snap out of her thoughts.

"Oh uhm...that truly is an honor. I'll be missing you of course."

Granger smiled and told her he'd be missing her too. Granger talked about how his day went in Castle Atlas while Guinevere tried her best to look casual and normal.

A part of her was nagging at her for being such a coward, afraid that he'd be unhappy with the news of her pregnancy because he'll have to unwind from his career and focus on fatherhood instead. But was that really the case? Would he really even be taking all of this that way?

"Are you alright? You're very quiet than usual. Something wrong?" Granger asked her with concern as he paused from his meal to examine his wife across the table.

Guinevere blinked and sat up straight, "Sorry, I was just distracted...Everything's fine."

Granger raised a brow at this, obviously not buying it, "What's on your mind, really."

Guinevere bit on her lip before she let out a sigh, "I..."

Her heart was pounding and she could feel her hands start to become clammy. Granger watched her closely as she gathered her thoughts. He recognized this behavior. She's anxious and he wanted to know what's the cause of this.

"I would like to go with you on that trip." Guinevere blurted out.

Granger blinked in surprise, "Oh."

She mentally slapped herself. She's pregnant and now she requested for a long trip? How mature really.

"Mhm. I'm wondering if...I'm allowed to...?"

Granger smiled reassuringly at her. He somehow liked Guinevere's clingy side. It reassures him that she really wanted him after three years of being married. For some bizarre reason, the thought of her getting tired of him would plague his mind at times and this scared him to the core.

"I'm sure Silvanna wouldn't mind if I let you tag along."

Guinevere managed to smile at that. She nodded, "Brilliant."

Granger chuckled and took a sip of water before he remembered what she told him earlier, "Oh. You said you had news for me?"

Guinevere stiffened but she regained her composure immediately and flashed him a smile, "Odette and Derek came by this afternoon and I wanted to ask if we could visit them at Castle Gorge?"

Granger nodded, "Of course we can. I happen to have a free day tomorrow. We'll be visiting them then."

Guinevere grinned at the news. She can see her brother and seek his guidance. Maybe she can also muster the courage to spill the tea there as well.

She just wasn't ready to face a possible disappointment from Granger on her own. Perhaps facing it with her loved ones wouldn't hurt as much.