V

The Inn she decided to stay in for the day was decent. Noisy and old but decent. The moment she locked the door of her room, she took off her cloak and made a face once she took a good look at it. It was covered with dirt and leaves.

She suddenly felt embarrassed she even wore it. What did people think? She shook her head and snapped out of it. Why should she care what they thought? They knew nothing about her nor the struggle she's been through.

Guinevere rolled up the soiled cloak and stuffed it into her satchel. She then took out her spare clothes and walked to the bathroom to get a good bath. She winced slightly as the pain on her back resurfaced and with it, the memory of Granger.

Would they even meet again? With a sigh, she continued to clean herself up. After half an hour, she dried herself and changed into her blue dress. She rolled up her soiled clothes and got out of the bathroom.

After stuffing her used clothes into her satchel, she walked over to the small table with a lone mirror and brushed her red locks with her fingers. She could see how tired she was already and she wasn't even close to finding her brother.

What happens then when she does find him? Will he even help her with her problem? Will he be able to do something about the marriage she's being forced into?

Her thoughts then drifted off to her father. She might have hated his recent choices but he's still family. He's alone and probably worried sick about his children right now. She only hoped he'll be okay and hopefully come to his senses that this marriage was ridiculous.

After fixing her hair, she then looked outside her small window and saw the sky slowly darkening. She needs to come up with something if she wants this nightmare over. She can't go wandering around forever.

Going back to the forest was too risky but the idea of stumbling with a demon and hopefully with Granger brought some kind of excitement for her. But she's not a fool. She's not gonna put her life on the line just like that, if fate would allow it, then they will meet again.

She'll just have to be patient and hope for the best.

Guinevere let out a groan of frustration. This was hopeless. No leads no whatsoever. Nobody has seen Lancelot ever since that fight. She stared at the line of trees leading to the forest a few miles from where she was.

What if?

What if there was a civilization within those trees? A kingdom? How else would Lancelot survive? Perhaps he was held captive there? The kingdom of the magical elves?

She bit her lip. That won't be a farfetched idea, would it? She frowned and nodded to herself. That's all she could come up for now. Try and look deeper into the forest. If nobody in the city or the kingdom has seen him, perhaps he's in another. Somewhere only a few knew about.

With that, she decided to give herself some rest and laid down on the fair sized bed. Hunger didn't even cross her mind at that moment for she instantly fell asleep.