XXXIV

"The worst is over...for now atleast." Silvanna announced as the lightborn troop gathered around her.

Dead bodies of the abyssal demons littered the royal grounds and Granger couldn't help but think if dead bodies of civilians littered the town.

"We managed to drive them out and back to their lair but we must stay vigilant." Tigreal added.

Granger nodded and looked down on his white suit. Silvanna managed to ask help and guidance from the heavens and granted them additional powers and strength to drive away the enemies. If it weren't for her, Castle Atlas would have been doomed.

"General, may I request you to accompany me to town so I can speak to my people? I'd like to pay my respects and to apologize to them." Silvanna asked Tigreal.

Granger noticed her blue eyes puffy and red and he knew instantly she must've confronted her brother in battle. Prince Dyrroth.

Tigreal nodded and walked with her towards town. Granger looked over to where Alucard and Harith was and was about to approach them when he heard  a horse approaching.

"Gusion?" Silvanna asked in surprise.

Gusion stepped down from his horse  and bowed to her. She nodded in return.

"I thought you're back in Castle Gorge with Lancelot and Guinevere. Did something happen?" Silvanna asked with concern.

Gusion looked over to Granger before looking back to the princess.

"Lancelot asked me to send you a message. It's about Guinevere."

Granger immediately walked closer to them at the mention of her name.

"What happened to her?" He asked before Silvanna could speak.

"She agreed on the marriage but Lancelot is against it." Gusion answered him.

Granger felt his chest tighten. She agreed?

"He knows it would break his sister day by day and he'd like to ask for your help." Gusion continued, looking back to Silvanna.

Silvanna nodded, "How can I help?"

~•°•~

Pain greeted her when she woke up. Her green eyes searched the room only to see Lancelot next to her bed, staring at her with pure concern.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He whispered to her.

Guinevere frowned and looked around her room to see her lady-in-waiting wiping her forehead with a slightly damp cloth.

"W-what happened? Is the ball over?" She asked in confusion.

Lancelot nodded, "Yes. Father sent everyone home when Queen Beatrice found you sprawled on the garden floor. You somehow got a fever and passed out."

Guinevere frowned, not remembering how she passed out and how she ended up in the garden. All she remembered was dancing with Gareth and how much she enjoyed it. A smile came to her lips at the thought.

"Oh, I must've been carried away with my emotions." She said which made Lancelot sigh.

"Gwen, I know that Gr-"

"Gareth has been awfully charming all night and we danced close to each other afterall. Perhaps I got so flustered." She smiled widely which made Lancelot frown in confusion.

She looked like a school girl talking about her silly crush.

"Gareth? Charming?" He repeated in awe.

Guinevere nodded, "Yes. I'm looking forward to marrying him actually. Gosh it's so embarrassing that Queen Beatrice found me all passed out on the dirt. She'll be my in law and I have to make an impression."

Lancelot blinked in pure shock. He asked for Guinevere's lady-in-waiting to exit before he held on to his sister's hands to catch her attention.

"Guinevere....are you alright? What is this? You're in love with Gareth? All of a sudden?"

Guinevere frowned at him, "All of a sudden? I've known him since we were kids. That day they visited us, remember? Well I guess I only knew him a lot more earlier while we danced but...I guess I am already in love with him."

Lancelot couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"He's that charming I guess." Guinevere added with a dreamy smile and it sickened him to the core.

Something was wrong. Really wrong.

"What about Granger? You love him, right?" He asked.

Guinevere blinked and frowned at him, "Who?"

Lancelot leaned back in his seat and stared at her in disbelief. This can't be real. He had a theory on how this happened but he knew he had to collect evidence first.

The Paxleys sure are cunning.