XII

After changing into her favorite purple dress, Lancelot knocked on her door and brought her food. They conversed as she ate until he noticed how she would make a pained face whenever she would straighten her back.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he continued to examine her.

She finished her food and nodded, "I am. Quite nervous about meeting Princess Silvanna but I'm good." She said.

Lancelot raised a brow and a few knocks on the door made both of them turn to it. The door opened, revealing Odette and Tigreal.

"It's time we go." Tigreal announced.

~•°•~

The carriage ride was uneventful and she managed to get some sleep, much to the relief of Lancelot. He couldn't help but worry about her health seeing that she must've acquired a serious injury from the way she would wince once in a while.

He knew something was wrong and she just didn't want to worry him further.

Lancelot gently tapped her shoulder when they finally arrived at the empire. Guinevere straightened up in haste which made her groan in pain as her bruised back sent waves of pain all over her system.

"When we get back, I'm having you checked by a physician." Lancelot said with finality as he helped her out of the carriage.

She nodded in agreement before she looked at the surroundings. It's as majestic as everyone said. The Palace shined under the sunlight and people around them were all smiling and happy.

It was strange to think that the same person, Prince Dyrroth, came from this empire of smiles and peace and is now wreaking havoc wherever he went.

Tigreal led them to the entrance of the palace and was met by a blonde lady dressed in purple with some sort of gear strapped around her hips.

"Brother. She's waiting for you in the throneroom." She said to Tigreal.

Brother. Guinevere looked at them in awe.

Tigreal nodded, "Thank you, Fanny."

Fanny caught Guinevere's gaze and she gave her a small smile before walking off. Guinevere watched her go as Lancelot held her by her back and gently urged her to follow Tigreal.

It didn't take long for them to get to the throne room where a woman sat, writing something on a piece of parchment as one servant stood next to her.

She gazed at them as they entered and Guinevere swallowed hard. It's her. Princess Silvanna herself.

Silvanna handed the quill and parchment to the servant before standing up to acknowledge them. The three immediately bowed to her to which she nodded back.

"So this must be the lady that stirred such commotion." She said with a calm tone.

Guinevere bit her lower lip in shame. She felt like a criminal when she said it like that.

"Yes, Your Highness." Tigreal answered.

Silvanna smiled at them and Guinevere's fear slightly subsided.

"I'm eager to hear you out, princess. What caused you to lash out like that?"

Guinevere looked at her for a while, admiring her beauty. She wore a silver gown that hugged her frame well and a blue sash that covered her right shoulder. Her platinum blonde hair was shining under the sunlight. She looked like a goddess.

Silvanna raised her brows expectantly which made Guinevere stammer.

"I...I got carried away with my emotions, Y-You'r Highness." She started.

Lancelot watched as his sister struggled to keep her cool.

"I have been through a lot for the past days and...and it happens that mages were the source of this troubles. When those soldiers blocked and insulted me, I couldn't stop myself from bursting out."

Silvanna watched her and nodded slowly, "I see."

Guinevere nodded as Silvanna turned to sit back down on the throne.

"Do you regret your actions afterwards?" She asked.

"I do. I shouldn't have acted on impulse." Guinevere replied.

Silvanna nodded, "Alright. Your crime is forgivable but on behalf of the soldiers you harmed...I'll have to keep you detained here for a few days in my kingdom to make sure you won't be hurting any more mages in Princess Odette's kingdom."

That didn't sound awful at all. Lancelot frowned at this.

"May I accompany her, Your Highness?"  Lancelot inquired.

Silvanna then looked at him for a while, "You must be Prince Lancelot Baroque. I've heard about your actions from the past."

Lancelot nodded as he hung his head low, "Indeed Your Highness. I heavily regret those actions."

Silvanna nodded, "I will allow you to accompany her here but mind you, I'll be asking her to do some tasks for me and it'll be part of her punishment to which you'll be forbidden to assist her."

Guinevere took in a deep breath as Lancelot nodded.

"I understand."

Silvanna smiled and nodded, "Good."

Just when she was about to say something, two men entered the throne room and bowed. Guinevere's eyes widened as she recognized that patch of white hair against the mass of jetblack anywhere.

"Your Highness. We received word that the abyssal demons and....the prince are closing in." The blonde man holding a huge sword said.

Guinevere stared at the man before her. She stopped herself from running to him and pulling him into a hug. She stopped herself from calling his name.

"Then we must evacuate my people to safety at once." Silvanna replied.

Her heart raced as he turned to her. She could see his own eyes widen in surprise. She could only stare at him, being at loss for words. It's really him. Granger is here.

"Perhaps I can make use of your skills, Princess Guinevere?" Silvanna asked.

Guinevere tore her eyes from Granger and forced herself to focus on Silvanna.

"I'll be needing all the help I can get." She added.

Lancelot placed a hand on his sister's shoulder and nodded, noticing how she seemed to have grown mute. He knew exactly why.

"We'll be happy to help, Your Highness."