XX

The two decided to walk around the castle while they talk about what happened to them for the past years. Guinevere talked about how her school was and that she has been trying to live up to his expectations which made him pause in confusion.

"My expectations? What are you talking about?"

Guinevere shrugged, "I remember how you used to say that I need to work on my strategy. That I shouldn't just focus on my strength."

Granger chuckled, "You remembered that?"

She nodded, "Mhm. That piece of advice helped me a lot actually."

Granger nodded, "Of course because it's a fact."

Guinevere pursed her lips for a moment and smiled, "Then it's also a fact that I'm strong, then."

Granger raised a brow at her while she only smiled widely at him. He sighed  and nodded.

"Yes, yes. You are strong." He admitted which made Guinevere giggle but she immediately cleared her throat, ashamed about her unladylike behavior.

Granger couldn't help but smile a little but he forced himself to look serious before she would notice. What on earth was happening to him?

"So, I'm done talking. Your turn." Guinevere said as she turned to him.

He cleared his throat, "What do you wanna know?"

Guinevere shrugged, "Everything you can share to me."

Granger sighed and decided to talk about why he decided to leave the Baroque household and pursue demon hunting like what he always wanted. He ommitted the part that he left because he felt alone once again when she left for the academy.

He told her that he trained in the monastery and his love for violin intensified when some of his fellow trainees went to see a street show of a man playing a violin. He managed to save up to buy his own and didn't mind what others told him, that his playing was awful. 

Instead he used this to his advantage and made it a part of his strategy. Guinevere then remembered that night he and Alucard killed an abyssal demon in the forest.

"I actually salute this strategy of yours. I really saw how effective it was." She commented which made Granger stop in his tracks and turn fully towards her.

"You saw?"

She nodded, "While I was searching for Lancelot, I was sleeping on a branch of a tree when an abyssal demon came."

"You were all alone?" Granger interrupted to which Guinevere only nodded.

"So I prepared my magic but your music caused me to lose focus and well, it affected the demon too. So yes, your strategy is commendable." Guinevere continued.

Granger was furious though. How reckless could she be? He grabbed her by her shoulders and looked straight into her green eyes as she froze in place, shocked at his sudden actions.

"You were out in that forest all alone in the dark?" He asked with a menacing tone.

"Y-yes. I had no choice. It was my best shot at finding my brother." She replied shakily.

"More like your best shot at being killed!" Granger exclaimed.

Guinevere flinched and he instantly snapped out of it. The last thing he wanted was to scare her. He sighed and let go of his grip on her shoulders as he straightened up.

"Why didn't you call out to me?" Granger asked.

Guinevere was a bit shaken that it took her a few seconds to compose her thoughts.

"I...I wasn't sure. I wanted to see you first to confirm if it was really you. Alucard called you by your name and I just wanted to make sure."

"How sure were you that it was Alucard?"

"You called him by his name too. I also saw his blonde hair that time."

Granger sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Thank goodness she survived.

"That was reckless."

"I know. I had no choice."

Granger looked at her for a long time as she lowered her head in shame. She always knew he'd be mad at her when he discovered just how reckless she has been.

"Were you all alone in the whole journey?" Granger asked.

Guinevere then looked back up and shook her head, "No. I found an old friend who accompanied me. He's a skilled hunter and assassin."

Granger felt a heavy weight being lifted off of his chest. Whoever this old friend was, he was grateful. Guinevere saw the relief in his eyes so she smiled at him.

"I got injuries along the way but here I am. All in one piece. Stop worrying about it."

Granger raised a brow before they continued walking.

"This better not happen again. If you do something reckless again, I will end you." Granger threatened which made Guinevere smile wider.