XXI

"Why do you want to stay here so badly?" Granger asked as they walked down the hallway with several paintings hanging on each side of the walls.

Guinevere turned to him and raised a brow, "Because I think I owe the princess so much after every kindness she's done for me."

Granger sighed, "I still think it's best you and Lancelot would go home."

Guinevere stopped and turned violently towards him that her hair accidentally slapped Granger's cheek which made him flinch and back away.

"You really don't want me around here, huh? Do you hate me that much?"

Granger frowned, "Does caring so much for your safety and well-being considered hatred, now?"

Guinevere glared at him, "Then what do you call it then?" She challenged.

Granger rolled his eyes in exasperation before he opened his mouth to speak when Harith came rushing towards them.

"There you are! Princess Odette has arrived and she came with news for you, Princess Guinevere." He said.

Granger raised a brow while Guinevere perked up at the mention of Odette's name. Could it be?

"Please, lead the way." Guinevere requested.

Harith smiled and nodded before he cast Granger a curious look. Granger merely gazed back at him before he zipped up his suit again for him to cover the bottom half of his face.

Harith led the two to the throne room where everyone else was. Lancelot and Odette were already talking to each other with Silvanna watching them in curiosity but a certain brunette caught Guinevere's eyes.

"Gusion!"

The man perked up at the voice and smiled widely at the approaching princess. Granger watched as Guinevere embraced the man she called and felt something odd. For some unknown reason, he disliked the sight.

"I'm so glad you're safe!" Guinevere cried out while Gusion hugged her back.

He chuckled, "I'm as glad as you are. I thought that'd be the end of me."

Guinevere frowned and pulled away from the embrace.

"I mean those mages messed me up bad and I could barely move. I passed out somewhere and then the next thing I know I was in Swan Lake. Princess Odette told me about your request on searching for me." Gusion explained.

Guinevere then turned to the swan princess who was already smiling to her. Guinevere smiled back at her before she turned her attention back to Gusion.

He then took her hand, "I would like to thank you really. I owe you one this time."

Gusion then placed a soft kiss on her hand which made Guinevere chuckle in amusement. Granger on the other hand was glaring at the brunette. Harith, who stood beside the demon hunter, raised a brow seeing his change of mood.

"Stop being so silly. You owe me nothing. I'm just happy to see you in one piece." Guinevere said.

Lancelot cleared his throat and joined the two, "So you must be Gusion Paxley?"

Gusion nodded. Lancelot gazed at his hand which was still holding Guinevere's and Gusion immediately let go. The brunette cleared his throat awkwardly.

"He's the one who helped me survive as I looked for you." Guinevere said.

Lancelot nodded, "Thank you for your help."

Lancelot then looked at his sister and nodded his head towards somewhere. Guinevere frowned and followed to where her brother was gesturing at only to see Granger's dark look directed towards her....or towards the one next to her. Towards a certain brunette.