a weird situation

"Hazel

"Hazel."

I turn to find a very pissed off Archer looking back to me.

Wait-- Archer?

I blinked a few more times to make sure that I was seeing the right person, maybe my mind was just playing tricks on me and I was seeing an illusion of him or something.

But he really was here.

Black faded pants paired with a grey shirt, he was panting lightly as if he had been running. His eyes were dimmed as his stare pierced through me.

Why is he here? What is he doing here?

He should be in the pack being busy with something, yet he's here. It takes at least a few hours of travel to get here so he must've came here in a hurry, but why?

Was there a problem? Do we need to go back when we just got here? Oh gosh, was the pack attacked?

"Wh--what are you doing here?" I ask, my tone came off more offensive than how I would have liked it to.

Just as my mind started erupting with questions once again, I hadn't noticed the trouble that was starting around me.

Vic must've sensed that there was something wrong because he stepped closer to me and pulled me to him by my waist.

Oh my gosh, does Vic have a death wish or something?

My eyes widened and I immediately turned to him and at the hand that was on my waist. As if on cue, a threatening aura hovered the air and I knew it had to belong to Archer.

"Get away from her." Archer threatens as he shoots daggers at the hand that was holding me.

I looked around and saw that people were starting to look at us and the trouble that was ensuing. Werewolves who were disguised as humans looked nervous and didn't know what to do and some just turned to me to stop the commotion.

When I saw his irises flash gold, that's when I wake up out of my trance.

Finally snapping out of it, I get away from Vic and stood in the middle of the two.

I turned to my new friend and smiled at him.

"Thank you so much for helping me out earlier and for the drink! I do hope I'll be able to return your kindness if ever I see you again. See you around!" I say quickly and turned to my mate who looked like he was ready to jump on him any second now.

I grabbed Archer and started walking away from the place, hoping he would follow me and let the poor human go.

Thankfully, he did because he let me lead him away from the place.

The sun was already setting and it reflected prettily on the water. There were almost no people left swimming and there a few boats here and there.