joyous celebration

Finally, it was the big day

Although the ceremony was taking place at the evening, ever since I woke up, time just flew by. It was pack custom that the Alpha and Luna to be separated for the night before the Luna ceremony so I slept at the Archer's room in the pack house.

Right when I woke up, I've been fed and briefed of what everything will be happening although I pretty much already memorized the schedule as I had been overseeing it for a week.

The atmosphere was jittery and exciting, everyone was full of smiles and laughter while also rushing to get the last minute preparations done.

It was probably two hours before the ceremony started and the pack helpers were starting on my hair when Archer's mom walked in the room and everyone momentarily left which made me nervous.

Ruby, Archer's mom, had arrived yesterday with her mate, Harvey who was of course Archer's father.

She pushed her dark hair behind her ears and came behind me. "Aren't you such a doll, who knew you would be my son's mate." she says and smiles. It was a slightly sad smile, regret hidden behind it and I could almost understand why.

I returned a smile. "If you ask me, I'm the one who's most surprised of the turn of events. I really hoped for my mate to be a regular pack wolf." I joked and we both laughed.

She sat down in front of me and reached for my hands.

Ruby didn't talk for a few minutes, she seemed to be having a hard time finding her words.

"I've heard from the others how Jessica has treated you when you first came here," she started, "and I think Harvey and I owe you an apology. Partly, it's our fault that that child had turned that way, we assumed that they would end up together. It was very stupid of us, but we were good friends and we wanted that to be true. We didn't know that it would hurt all of you."

I took a deep breath and let it go. I held her hands and signalled for her to look me in the eyes which she did.

"Yes, it did hurt us. It hurt me a lot, but Archer and I are happy now. Those are all mistakes of the past and although the consequences still affects all of us, we only have to work hard to resolve it. There's no sense in regretting the past now, we can talk about the past a million times and it still won't change anything. But we have now and the future."

Her eyes teared up as she looked back at me and when I wasn't expecting it, she hugged me so tightly I almost couldn't breathe but I could feel her sincerity.

"My son was right, you truly are the perfect Luna that this pack needs. I'm so sorry again." she said and I could only shake my head.

After that, we talked about the pack. She told me about the people here although she's lived away from the pack for a few years now, I was surprised that she still knew the people and which problems they had.