unrestful days

It's been almost two weeks since the party and everyday instead of having a peace of mind that I was away from my mate, I became even more distressed

I also started to feel sick, a consequence of not being with your mate. I knew all about this when I chose to run, but I didn't know it would be this bad!

There are times when I literally had to crawl to the bathroom with how dizzy I was feeling. Some nights, I woke up with a pain that I cannot really explain.

"What's the matter, honey, the doctor can't even tell what's wrong with you." my mom says worriedly as she puts her hand over my forehead. She feels that it's burning and quickly retracts her hand.

My dad walks in the room, my brother Nash right behind him. Seeing my sickly state, my dad sighs and stands beside my mom.

"Well, the doctor also says that it's not poison." my dad seconded and casts me a worried look. If he could take away my pain, I knew he would've. My brother observed me and smiled.

"I'm sure Hazel will be up in no time, right sis?" he tries to lighten up the mood. That cheered me up a little, making me sneak in a smile.

I tried my best to sit up and rest against my bed's headboard. "Yeah, you guys don't have to worry bout me. Maybe I just ate something bad. I'll sleep it off and I'll be fine." I say, trying to convince them, hoping that it would work. "Promise."

My mom hugs herself as she got up and turns away from me, clearly trying to forget the worry that she was feeling. Dad was right beside her to comfort her too.

"Well, I guess we'll let you rest now then." my mom says. She breaks free from my dad's hold and comes to me to give me a kiss on my forehead. My dad does the same.

"Good night, love." my dad whispers as they walk out of my room.

Nash was the last to leave and before he closed the lights and the door, he turned to me and said "Get well soon, ugly."

After their exit, I laid back down and stared outside the window.

From where I was, I could see the moon that was full in bloom, its light penetrating through my window. The moon was so enticing to look at and as I stared at it longer, I felt like the pain that I felt was subsiding.

"Elpída."

My eyes widen at what I just muttered. Who? Elpída?

Why did I remember her? If I'm not mistaken, she's one of the warriors in the legend. Ah, right. She supposedly comes from the moon. Looking at the moon is making me remember bedtime stories.

I shook myself and chose to sleep, but sleep did not want to visit me. Strangely enough, the pain that I felt so strongly earlier is gone and I cannot even feel a trace of it as if it never existed.