3. Everybody Hates Richard

"Richard, what the hell do you think you are doing?" Derek demanded as he stormed into his office. He stopped short when he saw Addison sitting in front of his desk, laughing. His jaw tightened.

Richard raised his eyebrow and they both stopped laughing.

"You were saying?" He prompted.

Derek remained silent, avoiding Addison's gaze. She cleared her throat.

"Well, I will be here bright and early tomorrow morning." She told Richard, leaning over to kiss him on his cheek. She walked out without a backward glance at Derek. Derek moved to shut the door.

Richard sat back calmly, his fingers arched.

"What...you called her?" Derek asked. "Why would you do that to me?"

"This isn't about you Derek, this is about my hospital. You know Addie is the best in her field. I am not about to compromise a patient's care based on your love life."

"This isn't just my life, it's Mer's too."

Richard flinched.

"Yeah, do you know I had to hold Meredith back from going all cage fighter on Addison?" Derek sighed and thrust a hand through his hair. "Do you have any idea what this could do to her, to us, to Michael? We are happy."

"And Addie shouldn't threaten that. Not if you two are truly strong and happy...you just have to..." He stopped as the door slammed open and rattled as it hit the wall behind it. His eyes widened.

"I thought you were my friend, I thought you were my family. Is this what you do to family?" Meredith yelled.

Derek looked smugly at Richard and stepped aside to let Meredith rant. He had learned when she got angry, you got out of the way, unless it was directed at you and in that case, you stood there and took it. Apparently Richard didn't know that.

"Like I was telling Derek, this is not personal, this is business." Richard defended. Um...dude, wrong move.

"Not personal? Not personal?!...this is very personal to me, to us. This is my life you are threatening. She wants one thing...Derek and she will not stop until she does everything she can to get him or to make him completely miserable."

"Again, when you are here, you are here as my employee, not my goddaughter. There is no room for personal when you are saving lives." He yelled back.

"Since when do you ever care about being professional? You are always favoring me even when I tell you not too. So don't give me that bullshit when it suits you." Meredith spat back.

"This conversation is over. Get back to work. She is staying temporarily. End of discussion."

Something caught Meredith's eye and she suddenly smiled smugly.

"Oh, is it really?" She asked.

Richard looked confused...until his door slammed open...again.

"Richard Webber, what have you done?"

Richard groaned and glared at his goddaughter.

"You called my wife?" He asked incredulously.

Meredith smiled.

"You called his." She replied haughtily.

"I'm waiting." Adele said, her hands on her hips and her foot taping the floor.

Richard swallowed audibly and smiled fakely.

"I was just explaining that I didn't mean anything by it. It was a business decision, pure and simple." He explained.

"It was a business decision to call up Derek's ex wife and have her come out here, knowing it would not only upset him, but it would probably devastate Meredith, who has a son to take care of. A son, might I add, that I love very much. That you love very much. Is that about it?" She asked.

"I stand by my decision. I will try to keep you all away from each other and I suggest you do the same. It is only for a week. Okay?" Richard asked desperately. He was going to have a nervous breakdown if one more person yelled at him.

"What the hell is going on here? You asked Addison to come here? Do you know what she did to me?" Mark demanded, stalking into the open office.

Richard groaned.

"Get out! All of you, get out! I am not talking about this anymore. Good bye! Now!" He yelled.

"I know you are not talking to me." Adele hissed.

"No, of course not Dear. Mark, Meredith, Derek...please for the love of God, get to work."

They all shot him one last glare and Meredith leaned over to kiss Adele's cheek. The three doctors all left the room.

Silence.

Richard smiled contentedly.

"I would wipe that smile off of your face right about now." She said.

His phone rang and he leapt to answer it. Please be a bad accident, he prayed. Get him out of here.

"Richard Webber." He said.

"Would you like to tell me why my daughter called me in tears while ago? Something about you inviting the Wicked Witch of the West to Seattle Grace? What have you done?"

Ellis Grey.

Perfect.