7. Lovemaking at 3 A.M.

Meredith woke up at three am, alone. She reached over sleepily and felt nothing but cold sheets. Suddenly, the previous day's events came rushing back to her and she groaned. She rubbed her hands over her face harshly to wake up and sat up slowly. She padded down the stairs quietly after quickly checking on a sleeping Michael. She stopped just inside the living room and gazed down at a sleeping Derek on their too short couch. This was her version of the doghouse. She had only banished him to it once, during one of her pregnant hormonal rampages. Since then, she had never slept without him unless they had to work, and she wasn't about to start now, especially over someone like Addison.

She moved closer to him and ran her fingers through his mussed up hair. Her ring caught on a few strands and he jerked awake.

"I know you're mad but don't hurt the hair." He murmured huskily.

"Sorry." She whispered and they both knew she wasn't talking about his hair.

"It's okay. I understand. I really do, but she can't hurt us unless we let her. She will be gone soon." He said.

She looked around the room of her childhood home, thinking of all the happiness that had been contained in these four walls in the past two years.

"What if she doesn't go away? What if she is here to stay?' Meredith asked.

"Once she realizes that I am completely and totally in love with you, she will leave." He promised.

"And are you?" Meredith asked him.

"Am I what?"

"Completely and totally in love with me?" She asked.

"Uh...you're alright." He teased.

Meredith smacked him on his bare chest.

"Ouch." He said laughingly as he held her hand there, over his heart.

"Do you feel this?" He asked her.

She nodded, feeling the steady beat of his heart.

"This beats for you. All of me, every part of me, is yours. Aren't you lucky?" He teased.

"Yes." She whispered.

He shook his head.

"No, I am the lucky one. I don't deserve you. After all I put you through, for me to be here with you now, couch notwithstanding of course, is just amazing to me." He told her earnestly.

Meredith moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"I love you." She murmured.

His grip on her tightened and he kissed her neck and inhaled deeply, breathing in her succulent scent.

"I love you too. So much."

She leaned back to look at him.

"Show me." She demanded softly.

His eyes darkened with lust as he brought her lips down to mingle with his, sliding his tongue over her bottom lip before sucking it lightly. She moaned loudly and was instantly embarrassed. If just that one kiss did that to her then she sure hoped Michael was sleeping soundly tonight.

"Hmmm...I love knowing what I do to you." He murmured as he nipped lightly at her clavicle. He quickly threw off her shirt and moved down lower and chuckled against her bare breast when she grabbed his hair and tugged roughly. She always made fun of his hair, but she couldn't keep her hands out of it during sex. He was surprised he had any left after some of their more ardent lovemaking.

He bit down lightly on her nipple, making her arch her back. She leaned back until she was lying down and he quickly settled more comfortably in between her legs. She grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him to her, kissing him fiercely. She wrapped her legs around his waist, fitting her feet into the waistband of his pajama bottoms and forcing them down his legs. He lifted up enough to get them all the way off before getting back into position, his hard throbbing member grazing against her thigh. She moaned as his fingers found her dripping wetness, caressing her outer lips before plunging into her warm depths.

"Hmmm...so good." She groaned, as he started moving his fingers in and out. She started to push against his movements, her moans getting louder and louder.

"Ung...I am so...just...please...so close." She begged.

He smiled at her, pushing his fingers deeply inside of her and curling them to graze on the rough patch near her cervix. She immediately came undone, riding Derek's fingers until she was lax against the couch, panting with a silly grin on her face. He loved watching her cum, it was one of the most beautiful sights ever gracing his eyes. Knowing that he did that to her, that he made her feel ecstasy, filled him with pride.

"That...incredible...no words." She gasped.

"There certainly aren't." He agreed.

"You know what would make this better?" She asked.

"No...what?" He asked.

"You inside me." She said, and if possible he got harder than what he already was, and that was saying something.

"Your wish is my command." He teased, lining his cock up against her warmth. She raised her hips and he slipped in, just an inch or two, before pulling out. She made a sound of disappointment and whined when he did. He did it again, only going in a little deeper. And again...

Finally she couldn't take it and wrapped her long legs around him and pressed her heels in his ass, connecting them completely.

"Oh God, yes." She moaned loudly.

He moved in and out, slowly at first until her yells and screams spurred him on and he went faster and deeper, his breaths coming in shallow intervals. He had to remember to breath at one point, the pleasure overwhelming him. She was so tight and warm and wet and she enveloped him completely, mind, body and soul. They connected on so many levels and it made him fall even more in love with her every time.

He felt her tighten around him, rapidly milking him, as she freefell into her orgasm, screaming loudly, bringing him over the edge with her. He collapsed on her, trying to catch his breath.

"Best sex ever." She gasped out.

He nodded in agreement.

"In under thirty minutes. You are good." She teased.

He raised his head to look at the grandfather clock. 3:32am.

"That would almost be insulting, if I hadn't made you cum...twice...loudly. You know, when Michael gets older, we have to get you a gag or something or he will be going to see Kathryn."

Meredith smiled at the mention of their long time shrink.

"She would just give him cookies and money and tell him he was perfect." She said.

"True." He admitted, settling into the couch and holding her tight. They remained that way for several minutes, just basking in the afterglow of their lovemaking.

Finally Meredith shifted uncomfortably.

"Why are we lying on this stupid couch when we have a queen size bed upstairs?" She asked.

"Cause I am forty years old and I can't recover as fast as I once could." He said.

She giggled and got up, extending her hand to him.

"Well come on Old Man. Let's get you upstairs so you can get some sleep. Wouldn't want to have to admit you to Geriatrics tomorrow." She teased.

He admired her naked form for a moment before narrowing his eyes.

"Old? Geriatrics? I will show you old." He got up quickly and she backed away, squealing. She ran up the stairs with him on her heels.

He wondered if he would ever get tired of chasing her.

He found her spread eagle on the center of their bed, her eyes hooded with desire. She crooked her finger at him in invitation.

Definitely not.