A Day of Love

The next morning, Olivia woke up and stretched, yawning quietly as the blanket fell off of her. Then, she looked down and realized she had been moved. She remembered she was sitting in the chair when she fell asleep, not the couch. As she looked over, she smiled. Elliot was sitting up in the chair by Noah's bed, still sleeping. She was grateful that she and Elliot were able to talk things over and that he was still there. She thought he would leave again after she screamed at him but he didn't and she was grateful for that.

She slowly and quietly got up and walked to the chair, gently shaking Elliot awake. "Morning." She whispered, smiling as she watched him open his eyes.

"Morning." He whispered back, returning her smile. "How'd you sleep?" He asked quietly, since Noah was still sleeping.

"Good, since you put me on the couch. Thanks for that." She replied, smiling.

"Who says it was me?" He asked, winking. She laughed quietly. God, he loved that laugh.

"Mama?" They heard. They snapped their heads toward the bed and smiled when they saw Noah waking up.

"Good morning, sweet boy." Olivia whispered, smiling and moving to the other side of Noah.

"Is Elliot still here?" Noah asked softly, not noticing Elliot on the other side of him.

"Hey, buddy." Elliot whispered, smiling. Olivia's heart melted when she saw Noah's eyes light up.

"Hi." Noah said, smiling brightly.

Olivia was about to say something when there was a knock on the door and Noah's doctor came in. "Good morning, everyone. How are we feeling, Noah?" Dr. Trenton asked, smiling.

"I'm feeling good." Noah replied, making Olivia smile once more.

"That's good to hear and that means you get to go home. How does that sound?" Dr. Trenton asked, smiling.

"Awesome!" Noah said excitedly, making everyone in the room laugh. The doctor handed Olivia discharge papers and after she signed them, the doctor left. Then, Noah turned to Elliot. "Are you coming over later to play, Elliot?" Noah asked.

Elliot smiled, looking at Olivia who smiled back. "If it's okay with your mom." He replied.

"Please, Mama! Please, Mama! Please, Mama!" Noah begged, folding his hands in front of him and pleading with his eyes.

"Yes, he can come over." Olivia responded, laughing when Noah hugged her tightly.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed happily.

Olivia laughed. "You're welcome, now go get changed, okay?" She instructed, handing Noah his clothes from yesterday since she didn't get the chance to go home and get fresh ones. She watched him walk into the bathroom and close the door, then she sighed.

"You okay?" Elliot asked cautiously.

"Ya know, I'm great, actually. Noah's okay and..." she trailed off.

"And that's all that matters." Elliot said, finishing her sentence. He was a little disappointed when she didn't mention him but he knew they still needed to work on their friendship.

"Yeah." Olivia whispered. "And I'm glad to have you back." She said, a little louder so he could hear her.

"Me, too." Elliot replied, slowly moving over to her. He gently took her hand into his and was shocked when she intertwined their fingers. He looked into her eyes and she looked back into his. Their heads moved closer together slowly and their lips were so close to touching.

"I'm all dressed, Mama!" Noah announced, coming out of the bathroom. Olivia and Elliot jumped back, startled.

"Good job, Noah!" Olivia praised, trying to restart her heart. "Ready?" She asked, watching Noah nod. She glanced over at Elliot who gave her a small smile.