Too Much To Handle

She heard the elevator ding as she walked down the hallway. She smiled lightly as the doors opened and Jenna stepped out.

"Olivia." Jenna greeted, walking toward the brunette detective.

"I was just gonna call you." Olivia replied as she and Jenna walked up the hallway, toward the squad room.

"I, uh, I heard you found my mother's killer." Jenna responded.

"We did." Olivia replied, nodding slightly.

"Who is it?" Jenna asked.

"His name is Eddie Skinner. He's a lifelong criminal; Luke hired him to stalk your mother." Olivia said sadly.

"And what about Luke?" Jenna asked, looking up at Olivia.

"We got him, too. His trial for raping your mother is back on." Olivia informed the girl.

"That's great." Jenna said softly. "Where are they?"

"They're in the cage where they belong." Olivia replied, gesturing to the metal temporary-holding-cell where they kept their perpetrators.

"So, that's him, right?" Jenna asked, slowly walking towards the cage, as if she were in a daze.

"Yes, it is." Olivia confirmed, furrowing her brow slightly as she saw the look in Jenna's eyes, growing worried for the girl.

"Well, who's he?" Jenna asked, gesturing to the other man in the cage.

"He's a federal agent. He's the one who gave Eddie the gun." Olivia replied, watching Jenna process everything. "You okay?" She asked.

"As okay as I'll ever be." Jenna responded. "Thank you, Olivia."

Olivia smiled lightly. "You sure you're gonna be all right getting home?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jenna replied.

"Listen, you have my card. If you need anything, promise me you'll call me." Olivia said, trying to look into Jenna's eyes but it was like the girl was in another world. Not focusing on Olivia.

Jenna finally looked up at Olivia and nodded. They said goodbye and parted ways as Olivia went back to her desk and Jenna walked back to the elevator. Olivia had started talking to Sister Peg when gunfire erupted from the back of the squad room. Her eyes widened as she looked toward the shooter.

"Jenna!" Olivia called, taking out her gun and aiming it at the teenager.

"Jenna, stop!" Elliot shouted from behind Olivia, aiming his gun at Jenna as well.

"Jenna, please!" Olivia yelled, watching as Jenna continued firing into the cage that held her mother's killer and his accomplices.

"Drop the gun!" Elliot shouted as Jenna stopped firing for a brief moment.

"Jenna!" Olivia called again.