Let Us Help You

"The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love."

Kristina McMorris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Elliot? Where are you?" Kathy asked, looking around.

"Over here!" Elliot shouted, trying to run to her but his feet weren't moving. It was like he was jogging in place.

"I can't see you! Where are you?" Kathy shouted.

Before Elliot could respond, the car that Kathy had just gotten out of exploded, sending her flying across the street.

"Oh, my God! Kathy!" Elliot shouted, finally being able to reach her.

"Elliot..." Kathy whispered hoarsely, lying on the ground.

"I'm right here, Kathy." Elliot whispered back, seeing burns covering her body as he knelt down beside her.

"You did this." Kathy whispered, gasping for air.

"What?" Elliot asked, his eyes widening as his brow furrowed.

"This is your fault." Kathy spat, closing her eyes as she took her last breath.

"Kathy?! No, don't leave me! Kathy!" Elliot shouted.

"Kathy...Kathy, no!" Elliot shouted, sweat covering his face.

"Dad, wake up. Dad!" Eli said, grabbing his father's shoulder gently and shaking it.

Elliot's eyes shot open as he breathed heavily, sitting up in bed quickly. "What happened?" He asked, looking around the room.

"You were just...you were shouting in your sleep, having a nightmare about Mom." Eli whispered softly.

Elliot sighed heavily, shaking his head as he rubbed his eyes. "Did I freak you out?" He asked, concerned.

"No, I'm okay." Eli replied softly.

"Did I wake anyone else up?" He asked.

"No, they're all still asleep. The walls are pretty thick. I only heard you 'cause I was getting a glass of water and your door was open a little." Eli explained.

"Okay." Elliot replied, nodding slightly. When he saw the concerned look on his almost-fourteen-year-old son's face, he moved over on the bed and patted a spot next to him. "Come here." He whispered, watching his son sit next to him. "I'm sorry."

Eli nodded his head slowly and sighed. "We're gonna be okay, right?" He asked, his voice cracking slightly as he looked at his father.

Elliot looked his son in the eyes and nodded firmly. "We're gonna be all right, bud. Everything's gonna be okay, I promise." He whispered, wrapping his arms around the boy. He just hoped he could keep that promise.