chapter six ; visions and valor

Salvage Yard
Location: African Coast

"Will someone tell me what the hell is going on? I feel asleep with my head on a huge stack of files and next thing I know, I'm on a jet heading who-knows-where. You Avengers might be powerful or whatever, but communication is not your strong suit."

Dahlia had been complaining for the past half our of their plane ride, ever since she had woken up. To be fair, though, if you woke up in a jet out of nowhere and no one told you where you were headed or why, I think you'd be a bit grumpy too.

"Darling, just go suit up and get your weapons on you, I'll explain why we're here after you do that." Natasha said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind Dahlia's ear.

She gave in and grabbed her suit, heading to the bathroom to get dressed. "I still think the Powerpuff Girls would do a better job then you guys do at this!"

Nat chuckled and shook her head, Dahlia's silliness temporarily removing the anxiety from the room.

Dahlia's suit was almost completely identical to Nat's, except for the fact that it was dark purple, the symbol on her belt was of two swords crossing, and she had sword compartments along with gun holsters.

On her way back from the bathroom, now fully suited up, she grabbed two swords and two guns, storing them in their respective holders and compartments.

"Now will you tell me where the fuck we are?"

After Natasha informed her of their lead on Ultron, they still had about ten minutes left before the plane would land, so she decided to have a friendly conversation with Thor. Well, you could guess how that might go.

"Are you kidding me? Bubbles is obviously the best powerpuff girl, what are you saying?"

Thor was very passionate about this subject.

"You're joking, right? Buttercup is obviously the best! She's the most badass and she gets shit done while Bubbles is off picking flowers and singing to birds or whatever." Dahlia huffed, refusing to concede her point.

About a year ago, Dahlia had decided that Thor needed to be introduced to the wonderful world of the Powerpuff Girls or the Earth would fall apart. No one had expected this man, who was a literal god, to fall so in love with the show. He was a diehard Bubbles fan and this was where Dahlia and his opinions clashed. They had been having frequent arguments on the matter since.

"We need someone else's opinion. Hey, Cap." Thor snapped his fingers in Steve's direction, "Which powerpuff girl is better, Bubbles or Buttercup?"

Dahlia had made Steve watch it too, against his will.

"Personally, Blossom is my favorite."

"Of course she is." Dahlia grumbled.

"Basic choice, Rogers." Thor rolled his eyes.

While they might differ in opinions sometimes, they shared common ground when it came to the fact that Blossom was the worst.

"Hate to break up whatever the hell this is, but we're here." Tony said, ushering everyone out of the jet and into what looked to be a junky scrapyard.