chapter fifteen ; rescues and romance

Pietro, Dahlia, and Wanda were, quite literally, stuck inside the house.

Natasha, Rhodey, and Tony were leaving the premises, not telling anywhere where they were going. Only Vision was here, and Dahlia was fairly sure it was to keep an eye on them, though he didn't mind spending time with Wanda.

Dahlia was driving herself insane, with only Pietro for company, since Wanda was cooking with Vision in the kitchen.

"You look pretty now." Dahlia said, pleased with her work of braiding Pietro's hair.

Pietro was currently sitting on the ground, with his back to her, waiting patiently as she braided strand after strand.

"I always look pretty, what do you mean?" Pietro scoffed, doing a hair flip with what little he had.

"I'm not gonna argue with that." Dahlia laughed, grabbing a magazine from her side table, thumbing through it. Pietro pulled the hair tie from his head, releasing his hair from the confining braids.

She sighed and flopped onto her back. "I'm bored."

"You're impossible to please, you know." Pietro snorted, turning around to look at her.

Dahlia shrugged. "It's part of my charm." It was quiet for a moment, the only sound being the chirping of crickets outside.

"Do you think everyone's okay? You know, with the fights and all?" Dahlia's voice was small and afraid, two things she hated to be.

Pietro took one look at her worried face and moved to sit next to her on the bed, laying his hand atop hers. "Natasha will be fine, I promise."

Dahlia was silently thankful that he knew what she was thinking, for she wasn't sure if she could be strong enough to tell him on her on her own. "I know she can take care of herself, but I worry, you know? Usually she's right there with me, but now? She's out there and I worry I'll never see her again."

Pietro tucked a stray piece of her hair behind her ear, lightly holding her chin in his hand. "I understand, really. She knows how to kick ass better than anyone else I know, except maybe you. She'll be fine, even if you two are on opposite sides."

"You're awfully wise, Speedy." Dahlia's voice was breathy, her heartbeat quickened by the closeness between them.

"It's all part of my charm." Pietro breathed quietly.

It was as if they were magnets, and staying apart was possible, but in the end, they'd find their way back to each other. And Dahlia believed that it was because of this magnetic force, that their lips naturally found their way onto the other's, melting together in harmony.

She felt like she was dehydrated and Pietro was water, like his heart and hers were meant to be intertwined.

Many people say that when you kiss that special person, you feel fireworks. Dahlia had an issue with that, for it was far from true. When her lips met his, the world slowed down, and all she could think of was Pietro Maximoff.

His touch, hands on the small of her back.

His lips, softly brushing against hers.

His heart, which she could feel beating fast underneath the palm of her right hand.

His hair, which was running through her fingers.

Pietro, at the same time, was internally freaking out. Since he had nearly died in Sokovia, he worried every day that one of them might get fatally wounded before he could tell her how crazy he was for her.

And now, the girl of his dreams was right there, within his grasp. It was needless to say that he was head over heels, for one Dahlia Lilith Anelace.