chapter twenty ; wakanda and worries

King T'Challa and his right hand, Okoye, walked briskly along the palace of Wakanda. The two were doing one of the most painful tasks a kingdom has to do.

Plan a war.

"You'll have the Kingsguard, and the Dora Milaje have been alerted." Okoye's confident strides were, luckily, enough to keep up with T'Challa's fast pace.

"And the Border Tribe?"

"Those that are left."

He sighed, massaging his temples. "Send word to the Jabari as well. M'Baku likes a good fight."

"And what of this one?" Okoye gestured to the man they were approaching. Bucky Barnes was filling up a wooden cart with various things, partly struggling because of his one-handedness. The stump where his metal arm used to attach was wrapped up by a cloth.

"This one may be tired of war. But the White Wolf has rested long enough."

The two and their guards reached the man, and one of the Kingsguards-men stopped and placed an equipment case in front of Bucky, opening the lid and stepping back into formation.

Inside the case lay a brand-new Vibranium arm, his for the taking.

Bucky knew what this meant. There was never a gift this monumental without a cause. "Where's the fight?"

T'Challa squared his jaw and looked at the man with resolve. "On its way."

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0."

Steve directed Sam, who was flying the Quinjet, seemingly into a large stretch of forest.

"I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam looked hesitant at the idea of flying straight into the trees.

"If we die, I just want you all to know that Wanda's my favorite out of you guys." Dahlia said, with her head on Pietro's shoulder.

Pietro looked down at his shoulder, towards her, in disbelief. "She's your favorite? What about me?"

"You're like... fifth." She shrugged. "Wanda, then Nat, then Sam, then Steve, then you."

"Fifth?! We're literally dating!" Pietro whined.

They all shut up as they reached the Wakandan barrier— Dahlia closing her eyes and squeezing Pietro's hand, bracing herself for impact.

But the impact never came.

When she finally plucked up the courage to peek at the world around them, Dahlia's breath was taken away.

Wakanda was gorgeous, with rolling hills, glistening lakes and rivers, and a modern, industrial looking city right at the center.

"Fucking- That's it. Pietro, we're moving here. You don't get a choice."

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me if I'm with you, Dahls."

"Aw, look at you being all sappy and stuff." Dahlia jokingly pinched his cheeks, kissing him on the nose.

While Nat thought it was adorable, Sam was trying to not throw up in his mouth. "Alright, lovebirds, break it up. No baby Maximoff's will be conceived on my ship."