5.

A.N: The reader has a panic attack in this chapter. I will mark the beginning and the end with a ~~ so you will be able to clearly see it if you choose to scroll past it and will put a brief summary of what happened - the details in the comments. Why does the reader have a panic attack you might ask? Because I did and this is turning into a COPING MECHANISM. Anyways...

Adora looked at Catra's reaction with confusion: "I thought you didn't care about getting promoted." How can you be so blind, you thought. Adora could be so dense sometimes but you know she always has good intentions, so it doesn't surprise you when she tries cheering your friend up. What does surprise you is how she attempts to cheer your friend up.

Pretty soon the three of you are on a skiff, barrelling through the foliage of the Whispering Woods. You cling to Adora as she and Catra struggle for control of the vehicle. "Are you happy now, Catra??!" you scream and bury your face into Adora, not wanting to see every close call the three of you make with a tree.

"Of course I am!" Catra whoops. You finally let go of Adora after a few minutes, your friends are actually doing pretty well at driving, cruising through the forest well and gently turning to dodge trees. It's obvious the Whispering Woods are not the best place for skiffs.

"No wonder no Horde soldier has ever survived a trip here," you mutter under your breath.

"Hey!" Adora defends herself indignantly, "I think we're doing pretty well so far."

"Look out!" Catra yelps before your skiff runs head-on into a tree and you all tumble out of the vehicle. You lay on the ground, not wanting to intensify your already-intolerable pain. You look to your left. Your friends are arguing about who is to blame for the crash. The skiff is... beyond repair. It's safe to say the three of you will join those who don't return from these woods. As long as I'm dying with those two, I think it'll be okay.

"Uhhhh (Y/N)?" Adora enters your field of view with wide, sparkling eyes, clearly having moved on from her little conflict with Catra.

"Hm?" you nonchalantly hum in response.

"What's happening here?" Adora follows with another question with a little humor in her voice.

"I don't think I want to get up," you respond, closing your eyes with a smile.

"Well, you might need to," she draws out the first word. At this point, Catra sits next to you in silent agreement with your decision to relax.

You have to lean on the tree you crashed into for support as your back shoots a thousand knives of pain through your body.

"Are you okay?" Adora asks with concern brimming in her eyes.

"I landed weird," you reply with a wince.

"We need to start walking," Catra says with a huff, clearly not caring about your injury, so you start walking slowly, picking your way through the gross magic weeds. You tilt your head up to see the canopy of the forest, branches together with birds weaving through the trunks. It was a foreign sight to your eyes: when you normally looked up in the Fright Zone, you were normally met with harsh bright lights, the jagged edges of buildings, or a yellow, cloudless sky.

You couldn't look for long, however, due to your back harshly reminding you of your fall. As if magic isn't limiting enough, you grumble to yourself as you trudge on. The three of you start talking the afternoon away and, only getting lost a few times, you find your way back to the Fright Zone just as the sun finishes setting.

"How was your little vacation," a cool voice fills the hallway. You knew you would have to face Shadow Weaver as soon as you had entered the building but you are still terrified of what her wrath will bring.