14.

Chapter titles are for LOSERS >>:( because I don't like coming up with them

Catra had left her room early this morning for a meeting with Hordak promising you she'd meet you, but here you are, in your spot, holding a ration bar for her lamely as you stare into the skyline. Your mind wanders as you wait: Adora sees the same sky. It feels like you two are worlds apart now-

"Hey (Y/N)," Catra's voice comes out of nowhere and you almost jump off the edge. A strong arm around your waist prevents that, and you feel Catra.

"What took so long?" you ask quietly.

"Shadow Weaver's in trouble - serves her right - but I'll explain later. Come on; there's someone I want you to meet."

You hand Catra her food and follow her down and back inside. If what she says about Shadow Weaver is true, things could look up for you two very soon. Catra is aware of this, as all she seems to be talking about is her plan to rule the world and how she doesn't need Adora as long as you're there to rule beside her. 

Your eyes widen as you walk behind a wall to find Scorpia and the purple-haired princess slipping her hands and her pigtails into cuffs on the wall. "Entrapta?" you finally remember her name.

"Oh hi!" she forgets pretending to be restrained to approach you, "we've met, right?"

"What is she doing here?" you don't bother to address her; she is clearly more interested in tech than people and probably needs to review her social experiment data to even remember who you are. 

"It seems Adora left someone else behind," Catra responds and you notice Entrapta frown at that statement, "and she likes the tech in the Fright Zone so she's staying with us."

The princess butts in: "(Y/NNNNNN)! I remember you! I liked you!" It looks like she cares enough to go through her data from the All-Princess Ball. That's good enough for you, so you let her explain her plans for the Horde.

You didn't know how much Entrapta's science interested you before hearing her talk so passionately for so long. You understood, an even chimed in ideas of your own. Entrapta even got to add more data on you to her logs: something about being "a perfect assistant" and your skills being "of use for the inevitable integration of magic and tech." This girl was going to love the Fright Zone. 

Catra, clearly didn't share your enthusiasm. "Translate," she would demand every time Entrapta's terminology got a little too technical. 

"But Scorpia and (Y/N) seem to be doing fine," the princess would protest and Catra would have to unveil Scorpia's newest art piece on her notepad, always of the four of you on a new adventure. 

A plan for Catra to find some First Ones' tech took form over your brainstorming session so now, in the night when she will be as discreet as possible, it is time for her to leave. She secretly hopes she can find something; she hasn't seen you this excited about something in a long time, but she can deal with that another time. For now, she wants to find something to help her chances with Hordak.

Of all people finding her on a night she needs to leave unnoticed, Shadow Weaver spots her. Catra smirks, she isn't her superior anymore, but the years of abuse don't stop her heart from leaping with worry when she notices Shadow Weaver's weakened state. 

Afraid she won't get a chance like this again, Catra takes a risk: "Why were you so hard on me?"

"I only wanted you to be strong," the older woman bullshits.

"Well... I'm plenty strong now." Catra's face hardens as she turns toward the door to leave.

"But are you?" Shadow Weaver stops her in her tracks, "There are people that make you weak, Catra. First Adora and then (Y/N) when she came along."

"I'm sorry I made friends when I was five years old. Goodbye, Shadow Weaver."

Another person stops Catra on her way out. It's you, with your hair down from its usual braids for the night, rubbing your eyes and clearly having just gotten out of your bed. Is it just Catra or are you cute when you're sleepy?

"Hey (Y/N)?"

"I hoped I could reach you before you left," even your voice sounds tired, "Entrapta told me to tell you that I'm supposed to track you by feeling the magic in your tech. Find some extra and break it if there's a problem so I'll know to come and help you."

"I take it you have no idea how this is going to work either?" a hint of laughter is in her voice.

"We'll figure it out; it's what we do best." you wink and giggle. Catra hopes for the sake of everyone that no one saw the smile that crept onto her face.

Bear with me I have good stuff planned for the Crystal Castle episode I just needed to set some of it up :3