8.

Hey besties!!!! It is 2am. I have to wake up for school at 7am. I didn't think I would be able to publish a part this weekend due to my declining mental health but due to my declining mental health, I can't sleep. I also know for a fact that there won't be a new part next weekend as I am very busy. Enjoy! :D

It had been a few weeks since the Battle of Thaymor. You don't think you will ever lose track of the time that has passed since then. A lot had changed in these last few weeks. For example, Scorpia has been an interesting addition to your squadron. Catra hates her because she is a display of how little Shadow Weaver trusts Catra in her job as Force Captain, so she pushes her away. Well, Catra has been pushing everyone away, actually. Everyone except you. Since her promotion, Catra has been spending the nights alone in her bigger room, at the expense of the late-night conversations and cuddles you cherished. You, however, love Scorpia. She gives you the affection Catra can't provide anymore in Adora's absence, and you love how much friendship means to her. It also helps that she finds you to be of huggable size-- and she's a hugger.

The three of you are in Catra's room, hanging out when a soldier knocks, bearing two scrolls. Catra snatches them out of their hands and slams the door in annoyance, but Scorpia's eyes display a knowing look. Giving in to her curiosity, Catra gives the scrolls to the other girl and lets her explain that they are invites to a princess ball. You and Catra both cringe at the statement. 

"Wait-" you interrupt Scorpia's rambling, "I don't think I'm a princess. I just have magic, right?"

"Welp it says here," Scorpia says, gesturing at the scroll, "Addressed to Princess (Y/N) of Lyra."

"Lyra," Catra muses, letting her smirk fade, "I think Shadow Weaver said you were recruited from Lyra." Then her familiar smirk returns: "Looks like little (Y/N) was a kidnapped pwincess~," she mocks and playfully punches your arm, "The little damsel in distwess~."

"Stop it," you groan quietly. Even though your mind is swirling with a million questions, Catra never fails to cheer you up-- even if she was making fun of you and it probably came from a place of insecurity. "I must have put up some sort of a fight!" you indignantly argue.

"I dunno I remember you looked pretty defenseless that day," Catra retorted, "sad enough to hide in Shadow Weaver's cloak."

"Awwww," Scorpia chimed in, "You remember the day (Y/N) came that's so cute."

Catra scoffs and not-so-playfully punches Scorpia's arm. "Either way, Adora will be there," she affirms, "so you guys will have to accept the invites and (Y/N) can bring me as her plus one."

"AWWW" Scorpia clearly has not learned her lesson, "Catra and (Y/N) on a date at a ball!!!" Honestly, what is this girl doing in the Fright Zone and not on a throne?, you think as Catra makes Scorpia pay for her words, She may look tough, but her heart is basically made of flowers. 

As they banter, you read more of the scroll, deciding to worry about the whole 'being a princess' thing later. Besides, you are a Horde soldier before you are a princess. You are quickly lost in all the technical language: bow depth, stair-descending etiquette? What is this? 

You don't realize how much time has passed until Catra reenters her room and you have not budged. When did Scorpia leave?

"What now?" Catra asks, and her tone would have overwhelmed you more if you didn't know she was actually concerned.

"I," you begin, but falter, "I don't want to go to this. I don't want to see Adora with her new princess friends, I don't want to be a princess." The last part slips out before you can stop yourself.

The feline pulls you in close to her, blinking slowly letting her purrs escape to soothe you: "Hey," she reassures, magically slowing your rapidly firing thoughts, "you will always be a Horde soldier. And even before that, you are my friend. So let's get some matching outfits and kick some princess ass." 

If you had released from that embrace a moment sooner, you both might have been able to see the red heat on each other's cheeks.

I am so sorry besties wtf is this at least I'm sticking to my schedule even tho it's technically Monday rn. also remember no update next week I will be busyyyyyyyyy