7.

A/N: Idk I felt randomly motivated to write bc this hit 1k reads and passed 50 votes too I think so tag urself in the map thing (I'm from the U.S. now your turn) Also if you are part of the 2% that are over 45 go do your taxes or smth why are you on wattpad that's kinda weird

"I figured you would want an explanation," you break the awkward silence that had been growing between you and your friend. You both know that it was a silence only Adora could fill, but she's gone now, and what remained of your perfect trio would have to learn how to cope with the emptiness, "I guess I owe you that much."

"Yeah," your friend muttered. After the battle, the two of you had returned to the building, avoiding Shadow Weaver at all costs, grabbed your ration bars for the night, and changed out of your dirty clothes into the standard-issue Horde pajamas. Clearly not going to sleep anytime soon, you had both found each other in your favorite place.

"Apparently," you begin, "I can use magic." You let your eyes illuminate the cold metal as if Catra hadn't seen you fight a few hours earlier. "According to Shadow Weaver, it surfaced a few weeks ago," you continue, noticing Catra's attention. Any conflict in her eyes had dissolved and been replaced with intrigue and you think... sympathy? "That's actually what I wanted to tell you last night. Shadow Weaver removed whatever was blocking it and basically unlocked it. There wouldn't've been a way to keep hiding." You stop there, not wanting to overwhelm your friend with too much information and letting her process what she just heard. You have so much more to say, but she can learn that later. 

"So," Catra responds softly, "you didn't tell us you had all this power for weeks." 

You want to defend yourself, but you can't against Catra; she was owed an apology, not an explanation: "I'm sorry," you lower your tone to match hers, "I should have told you. But know that just because I can use magic doesn't mean I'm an evil princess-- at least I don't think I'm a princess."

"Good," Catra breathes and wraps her tail around your waist, "I don't think you're an evil princess."

You spend the rest of the night talking, the topic switching from venting about Shadow Weaver to what idiotic things Adora was doing with her princess friends to bets on whether the ration bars would be brown or gray tomorrow. Before you know it, you had found yourselves laying on the floor, feeling your backs press against the cold metal and staring into the void that is the night sky in Etheria.

"Do you think the sky ends?" you muse.

"I don't know," Catra hums, "I'm not sure if I would rather it does or it doesn't."

"I have an idea."

"What."

"Look," you lift your hands and let some of the energy inside you escape. It forms bright yellow spots of light. You want to try something else, but you don't have the energy to focus on the points enough to control them, so you let them dance above your heads.

"Even that in the sky is better than this," Catra scoffed, "give some sort of pattern at least."

You giggle and roll over, resting your head on her shoulder. "Come on," Catra gently pushed you off her, "let's go sleep somewhere warmer if we're going to." So you make your way down in the dark, your path being illuminated by the bright dots floating away from the ledge with the wind, and you huddle on your bed this time. 

"Are we ever going to sleep alone again?" Catra whispers, careful not to wake up the other slumbering members of your squad.

"Nope," you say with a smile and curl into Catra's warmth, knowing what she was referring to. You would have to face Shadow Weaver tomorrow, especially for using your magic in front of basically the entire Horde army but right now, you had other things to worry about, such as your tiredness after that long day and Catra's purrs practically hypnotizing you to sleep.

Woooo short little bonus chapter! Let me know if there's anything specific you want to see now that we're in the canonical plot (doesn't even have to be smth that happens in the show but just in terms of chronology) :D