11.

Hiii! There's sort of a panic attack in this chapter. I don't think it's really bad but it's marked with a "~tw~" to stand out bc it's better to be safe than sorry :) Enjoy!

The good Horde medics are often on the battlefield. It's going to be a long time before you get someone with actual expertise instead of someone who takes one look at you and easily decides you are in no shape to train. Catra said you'd heal before a good doctor could figure out what happened to you, and you do-- sort of. Your leg is still broken, only rest and time can fix that, but you got over your sickness within a week. Whatever they made you smell in that cloth was bad, but not too bad.

One day, Catra leaves for the woods. You tell yourself she won't be long; she's just gone to get supplies and complete a survey of the land. But you have a bad feeling about it this time and your intuition is trustworthy enough to keep you on edge. Eventually you get bored and find Scorpia in a Force Captains' meeting room that the three of you often found yourselves occupying.

"(Y/N)!" she notices your presence and greets you with a hug. You set your metal crutches on the ground and sit down, resting your right leg on Catra's chair. "You know she would kill you if she saw you do that," Scorpia notes the position of your leg.

"Hey," you raise your hands in defense, "I'm apparently supposed to elevate my leg."

"Doctor's orders?" Scorpia widens her eyes.

"Doctor's orders," you confirm with a wink, "anyways do you know where in the woods Catra's going?"

"I'm not sure, actually," Scorpia responds, "if I had to guess, though, it would be the Northeastern side," That's near Bright Moon "Why do you want to know?"

"Just curious I guess," Now there is reason for your concern. Catra could run into Adora if she's going to be near Bright Moon. You wonder if she knows that's where Adora is staying. Catra never cared for the minimal academic education Shadow Weaver provided so you doubt she knows much geography; but you do know she cares for Adora's whereabouts.

"Anyways what're you doing here," Scorpia asks.

"Just bored and wanted some company I guess."

This brings a warm smile to your friend's face: "Awwww, and so you found me?"

"Yep," you return her smile, then notice the large stack of papers on the table, "Do you need help with those?"

"It's ok, I can do them myself," Scorpia says sheepishly. And then proceeded to drop the stack onto the floor.

"Pick those up because I'm not doing that on crutches and let me help you file them."

"Oh boy," she starts picking them up and stacking them, "you would really do that?"

"What do you expect me to mess them up more and laugh at your clumsiness the entire time you organize them?"

"No but I expect Catra to."

"Right answer."

The two of you spend an hour together filing the papers Scorpia was assigned to handle. You almost thank Shadow Weaver for not promoting you; being a Force Captain comes with a lot of responsibility. Then Scorpia leaves and a new thought pops into your head: you could visit one of the prisoners. You were unconscious when you returned to the Fright Zone so you had no idea where they are being held but you're pretty sure one of these files contains the information you're after.

It's not long before you know which cell the boy with the bow and arrows is being held and you are on your way. You have no idea what you'll gain from this conversation but you won't lose anything. Maybe he knows what the hell those soldiers could have put in that cloth so you can look up how to counteract it when the Horde inevitably invades the Kingdom of Snows.