A Cup Of Noodles (Naegiri/DR)

A/N: This is a Naegiri one-shot. I'm doing this for a friend who told me they wanted fluffy. Because fluff seems to be hard to get by these days. With hope, I plan to deliver it with all I have. It's also a thanks mostly, and that friend knows what I mean. ;D

It was a white day, as snow, cold but beautiful, blanketed Hope's Peak and signaling a new season. A beautiful winter signifying the end of the year. That was what Makoto Naegi awoken to, with a smile as he got ready to go to school.

It has been about two years ever since he had been in Hope's Peak, where he couldn't help remembering about himself that was just simply normal and wondering whether he was even fit to be in a school full of such special people.

But two years, and he had made many friends, experienced many events and went through a whole lot memorable experiences that erased all his doubts about being in this school. And as he went out, in this cold and snowy morning, he recalled something that made himself completely sure that the school was the right place for him and that everything was worth it... her.

"Hey, Makoto-kun," someone called out, and speak of the Devil, he turned around and saw that it was Kyoko Kirigiri who was now striding toward him, a small smile on her face that he would never thought to even see when he first saw her... as in this beautiful winter as a background for Kyoko Kirgiri, that she could be even a little warmer than the cold winter that Makoto had first met and thought of her...

It was the first day of Hope's Peak, where every student was required to take in orientation and that he along with everyone of his classmates had met and conversed, although there were few who chose not to, staying silent or simply looking down on them.

There were about four of them: Byakuya, Touko, Mukuro and Kyoko. Byakuya was pestered by Touko for unknown reasons, Mukuro was hanging around with her sister, Junko but Kyoko was free at the time, when they were all doing their introductions, and Makoto approached Kyoko.

"Hi, I am Makoto Naegi, the Ultimate Lucky Student," Makoto said cheerfully, "I hope we can get along."

At that statement, Kyoko... simply remained expressionless, as she regarded him and answered thus, "Kyoko Kirigiri, Ultimate Detective."

"Kirigiri...?" Makoto asked, the last name sparking something in his brain but for some reason, he cannot put a finger to it.

"What?" Kyoko asked, but Makoto shook his head as the answer did not come easily and hastily said, "Nothing."

"I see," Kyoko said promptly, "If there's nothing else, then goodbye."

And she left him, before Makoto could even say a word. She was soon seen talking to others, but she seemed to brush them off as easily as she did Makoto. It was like Kyoko can be approached, but not breached. It was as if she was... cold, cold as winter, although not as harsh as Byakuya. But still...

And throughout the week, Makoto had seen Kyoko remaining so expressionless, allowing herself to hang out with other people, such as karaoke, or eating together. But she was expressionless, like a wall of ice... covered in snow. That was what Makoto thought of Kyoko at the time, even wondering whether anything can crack that ice wall. Because Makoto did try... but he never made it far, with only small conversations and absolutely no expression... Until...

"Makoto-kun?" Kyoko called out to Makoto as she neared him, snapping Makoto easily out of his thoughts where he simply smiled and said, "I was just thinking."

Kyoko smiled at that, something so rare in the past now common in the present as she said, "Well, do you want to hang out? I have also been thinking, you know? Maybe reminiscing memories..."