The Spirit's Song (Venti/GI)

A/N: These are just my musings of Venti from Genshin Impact. Of course, with limited knowledge of his 2600 years, I can only make speculations from the little I know. Still, I write this story with a lot of creative speculation, wiki and love. Honestly, there's not a lot of information that I worry this might not be as canonical as I hope but I will write this story in everything I believe, in the name of freedom~ Some of them may not be detailed but I have been sleeping on this for a long time so sue me.

From nothing, came to being
Within gentle breezes and raging storms

An elemental being, a spirit of the wind born to nature, left to nature and serving nature. Untamed and wild or gentle and submissive would depend how the winds blow or how nature chooses to send them off or how they find themselves wielded without a care or thought.

No thoughts, no will, nothing except a gust among many other winds simply going by, breezing in and out. To benefit or to harm. To please or to annoy. It never passed through the spirit's thoughts, if they ever had one before. Of concepts and emotions, they know not. Nothing but the simplicity of their lives for who know how's long as the winds may live forever or never.

A passing breeze scattering the petals, moving away the raindrops, helping the birds in flight, messing the hair or fur of animals, called upon for nature's bidding and left again to their own purposes.

In the end, they go as they please, were used as they please, do as they please without even knowing or caring of it. As they unknowingly served as the thousand winds who are wielded by more powerful beings than themselves.

But they were very simple, born to nature for nature or whoever wielded nature. In summary, there was no sense of self in anything and everything they did.

Until a song brought to life that self and born a wind spirit that thought, learned and experienced.

From being, came to self long forsaken
The melodies swirl and beckon

A tune carried by the winds. A voice singing in the air. The lyrics, profound and yearning for understanding.

"I do so wish to see the birds in flight."

Birds, of the feathers they ruffled, the person singing the lyrics know not. The wind spirit, living as always and moving as always, stopped. In stopping, they looked around what they had always missed until now.

A barricaded city, shielded by raging winds flying fast, same of their kind although they know not what they do and usually follow orders of those who wielded them, whether kind or harsh which always explains the nature of the wind that is either a gentle breeze or a raging storm.

A human boy looking up at that shield of wind, singing his heart out and playing the lyre, the music flying around and reaching anywhere and everywhere, including the wind spirit's ears.

The boy... wanted to see birds in flight. Because the very winds the spirit had once been a part of trapped him in without anything else coming in or out. Which the wind spirit intuitively knew that he could come in and out themself as part of the wind but not the boy.

As those thoughts stirred in the wind spirit, that sense of self started emerging from the spirit, still formless and just a gust of wind but starting... to want more than what he was and what he knew.