Intangible Memories (Lucifer/Urushihara ~ TDIAPT)

A/N: I'm a little obsessed with the vague past of the fallen angel of Lucifer/ Urushihara, because like... I find myself enjoying this NEET as a human and the chaotic fun loving Demon General he is. Also he's kinda mysterious because of his past... like his parents. And then there's the fact that he doesn't remember much... I feel there are things that didn't make sense, with Heaven and all. But mostly I'm trying my best with Lucifer's perspective so, well... Anyway, spoilers throughout LNs.

The first thing he remembered was darkness, of that he will forget sooner than later as he pushed to the back of his mind. It was afterwards that he will cling as vague memories, only remembered if triggered but otherwise always at the back of the mind.

Banging something that opened soon after. Finding himself inside a building, running around to an exit that he found easily as if he was there before even though he did not remember. Getting out of the building to a whole new world bathed in red light and surrounded by white creatures, he can only retaliate.

A barrage of heat rays that he returned back on his own with the power within. Dodging by flying with the wings on his back easily even when he didn't notice at first. Yet those bastards kept kicking him down, unable to move an inch further through the world.

'Stronger... I need to become stronger. To get away from them.'

And that was what he resolved, as he kept killing and moving. As he kept gaining power. As he...

'I have finally gained my freedom.'

The presence of those creatures he kept feeling finally went away as he had moved quite a distance away for quite some time, until those creatures no longer chased him. And finally... he was free, able to do whatever he wanted as he soared towards the sky into a vast unknown world.

Or so he thought as when he finally landed somewhere that he was jumped by a bunch of people. At least different creatures, which he wasted no time shooting them down, as they easily disintegrated into nothingness. Much easier than those white creatures.

"Yagh!" Someone shouted as he felt a presence behind him and instinctually, he pinned down the figure, same as those creatures, which struggled and cursed in a language that he instantly picked up.

"Who are you?" the creature asked, and that gave him pause. He never talked to anyone until now, was never asked anything until now. Having a question directed to him was like a bolt out of blue that he scrambled to find an answer.

But then something clicked and he found himself saying in a hoarse voice disused in a long while, "Lucifer."

Afterwards, the creature said no more as the struggle continued but finding himself bored of it, Lucifer as he would be now known, ended the life by just snapping the neck without mercy.

Surveying the carnage emotionlessly, Lucifer found out that he might have obtained freedom but he was lost in a strange world where it looked like it has to be kill or be killed. He also lacked any memories to figure where he should return to.

Soaring through the sky, wings outstretched and in peace, Lucifer found himself not thinking much about that, more focused on his present than the black hole of his past. He couldn't remember anyway, and he was too lazy to try when his memories refused it, locked away.

Lucifer didn't want to go back to that darkness, nothing would change if he knew why he was there in the first place and at that moment, with all that was ahead of him, why worry?

So he pushed such thoughts away, deciding that they were irrelevant and went on his way.

***