Big Nate's Prank Day

"Nate, what are you going to do today?" Teddy, 11 years old and grade 6, asked excitedly.

Francis looked curiously and Nate just smiled smugly.

Every year at the end of school was the unofficial Prank Day when mischievous students at P.S 38 pulled numerous pranks.

Nate, however, the pointy haired kid who was smiling smugly, was the king of pranks and pulls off such spectacular ones that awes everyone.

Not that anyone could really prove it. They know, but they just don't have solid proof. If they did, mostly teachers, he would have been expelled ages ago.

"That, my friends, is a secret. Prepare to be amazed," he said with a smug tone with the same smug smile. Francis and Teddy don't mind, though, they just can't wait to see what's in store for today.

A kid their age was running excitedly to them.

"You won't believe what just happened to the school!" He said, "Follow me!"

Nate, Francis and Teddy ran to the school to find...

"Woah, what happened to it?" Francis asked.

The school had turned into something completely different.

"It looks like a cross between a fun house and a haunted house," Francis observed.

Indeed, that was the best explanation for what the school transformed into. Students were taking pictures of it while teachers just stood flabbergasted.

The boring school turned into something entirely different.

It became colourful with balloons all over saying 'Happy Prank Day' and some burst to reveal videos of previous legendary pranks. Clown heads were bobbing around the school and monkeys were all over. Whenever a teacher walked into school, the monkeys would smear paint on them while students walked scot free.

Well, except Randy and Gina who are disgruntled by the painting monkeys. Sometimes the monkeys high five students or wink mischievously at girls.

Francis, Teddy and Nate crossed into the school building after the monkeys high fived them.

"How did you do that?!" Teddy asked.

Nate had a smug smile. "I don't know what you are talking about."

But as everyone knew, the surprises are getting started.

People were starting to open their lockers and some students got splashed with water squirted from flowers out of their lockers. TVs were spotted in classrooms and teachers roamed around the corridors for no apparent reason.

At least, until they heard an announcement.

"To all teachers, the faculty lounge is currently off limits until animal control comes and remove the panda from school premises."

"Panda?!" Francis asked.

"Lets go check it out!" Teddy said, and off they went to see in fact that a panda was indeed in  the faculty lounge eating the snacks from the vending machine.

Hope the animal is alright.

A teacher spotted the three boys.

"You better get to your first period, boys," the teacher chided them and off they went, to Mrs. Godfrey's homeroom which will be followed by her Social Studies.

"What do you have in store next, Nate?" Teddy asked. It was never a dull day with Nate around during Prank Day.

Nate simply shrugged with a smug smile.