Stolen Pieces of a Puzzel

The shrill voice of defeat crept away the hardened lines of anger.

The smell of rain, the soaring flames of burning pictures, the tranquil beats of hope and calm.

The heaviness of the tantalizing room shouldered her down, nobody watched, nobody sheltered, nobody cared. The stars that once aligned her picture perfect life, fell apart in series of wicked laughter.

His cooling gaze brimmed with words of tempt and sorrow, washed away the painful memories of consolidated betrayal.

The specks of treacherous past blinded her wailing soul to a standstill, she was all alone.

Her movements crept still on the hardened ground of their well made home. The pale color of blue patched all over the walls, chipped away in the flaming heat of the uncanny pictures, the faces blur, the house burnt, the memories ashed away.

Her walls slipped open to welcome the unguarded source of pain and fury, the curtail of its magnitude ever so delicate and harsh. She went on her knees, the soles of her feet giving her an imperfect escape.

The tears no longer rolled away.
The taste of salt smudged her lips and coated her tongue as her mouth opened wide to break her trance of everything she ever wanted.

The shrill voice of his cry evoked the silent beast dead deep within her.

The screech of her voice as she broke away coursed his heart to hold her close, to hold her dear, to be the settler. He shifted closer, the stains of ash visibly coating his best suit.

The flames from the fire heated everything around them but he felt her coldness seep through the lashes of her eyes. The same eyes that once sought him out in the crowds of cheats and morons, in the crowds of nobody, in the crowds that failed to acknowledge him. She made him her centric view when all he felt was invisible and now all he saw was her giving up.

He kneeled before her, his distance respectable but his fingers sought reasons to touch her, to grab onto her and tell her everything would be okay. Her eyes fixated on him but he knew her well, she wasn't acknowledging him anymore.

The clocks of her mind scared him to death. She was a pervasive antidote, if broken, she could never be healed back to be the same. He could see the fight within her die, he could see himself losing her without a second chance.

He dreaded everything in that moment.

He carefully lifted his hands to hold onto her face, his palm enveloped her chin, his thumb wiped away the remnants of tear stains. He crawled closer to her on his knees until he found himself fully within her space.

She watched his eyes change with every distance he covered between them, the fear never escaping her glazed view. The touch of his skin pulled something within her, the shock of his thumb caressing her softly seized a cold frame all over her. She watched him but all she saw was a breaking thread snapping away in seconds.

"I'm sorry for everything." His words captured her senses but all she heard was the simple rendition of "I'll try to be better." The frame of his face titled close, the shyness of his breath mingled with the cold air, she closed her eyes, the cold warped her heart to a stop.

She felt his fingers warm her, she felt him try to tug her back together, she felt his need to fix, to try to piece everything back together like a lost piece of Puzzel.

She opened her eyes and found him inches away from her, the reel in the back of her head swarmed with the memories of everything good but her heart squeezed at the instances that broke her apart. She felt her tears escape, she watched his broken frame shred piece by piece, part by part and all at once. She had him through and he knew there was no going back.

"I'll always love you."
He kissed her, the longing of never having her back deepened the will to cherish every last moment with her. She felt him give up, she felt the loose ends of the thread finally break free, giving her the closure that would ultimately be his escape.

He let go of her face and hugged her tight, the farewell of unspoken words bridged the final instance of never being by her side.

She wrapped her arms around him, the farewell of second chances and happily ever afters never being by her side.

---THE END---

A/N

I know I write a lot of sad stories but I feel like the only thing I really love writing about is the instance of every action and reaction.
I'm not good with the whole dialogue speech kind of stories.
I really love the idea of getting a picture of the whole situation in words real enough to imagine it and unfortunately these sort of situations are heavily playable in sad love stories, so please bear with me :-D

I hope you all are doing good ❤️

XOXO,
Jill.