Stranger from a memory - How it all began

This is not a chapter just an authors note to commemorate the birth of Firefly...

I wrote the first chapter of Firefly - Stranger from a Memory on 16th May, 2018.

5 long years to a pictured memory of a diary in hand, two pages of filtered content and nothing but a pencil to jot down an unclear line of storytelling, that ran through a staggered down-the-lane picturesque moment, serenaded by the perfect song sung by my all time favourite duo Aquilo. It was one of the most spontaneous things I had ever done back then with writing, despite being familiar with the tales of the in and out of storytelling.

And truly even after all this time, it was worth it, it still stands to be one of my favourite write ups till date and I am so proud of it, for the lines such as the one's below that feel like flames dancing in synch to be with each other, to risk it all to be one, it still gives me a sense of belonging.

"They looked at each other.
Two strangers in the eyes of the world burning down their walls, searching for their missing parts, looking at their broken past.
They waited for the echo's to fade away, to let the darkness take over, to stand in a room where the shadows no longer posed a threat.
To hold on to each other and dance like the night was a second chance to see the strangers they had become.
A silhouette of memories burned out in flames.
They wanted to hold on tightly because tonight they were two strangers wishing for a lifetime of memories.
This moment was everything; this moment could change or make things better.
But, for now they were two souls syncing to be one, talking in silence."

I always tend to reminisce the words around the first story, the dreads and beauty of the union of two lost souls, the categorical origin of maybe just maybe they unite in the most cliched manner at a wedding, at a wedding spooled by disaster but saved by the bell and quiet hysterically the wedding I imagined, the groom and the bride I imagined, the situation I imagined, they all did happen and it all happened this year but the one major factor that didn't pan out, the one major change, was the person saving the wedding wasn't the one who I had written the story for back then and in a classic manner the storyline didn't revolve around my endings and I'm glad it didn't, because, I'm glad that the chapter is closed and dusted forever.

I thought about this write up a lot that wedding night and smiled knowing that the unknown works in wonders and no matter how much you try to sew on a new piece of cloth over the torn edges, the ruts and bruises of the older knits always get shown through but they do eventually wilt away and the only way to get rid of it, is by letting the newer pieces replace the wilted ones, for not every piece needs to be an armoured chip, soldiering on for comfort and the likeliness of never finding better, for everyone finds themselves eventually.

I went back to search the first time I wrote this in the diary and came across the date and to the best of my luck today is the very day this story was born and I'm glad I got to live it by being my own silhouette, talking in silence, looking at my broken past, hoping for better moments, with memories worth a thousand words.

Thank you for always being my hopeful reader in my world full of what if's ❤️