One Last Time

(P.S - Hear the beautiful instrumental while reading)

The touch of his lips against hers felt foreign, felt dreaded and forced. She watched the slurryness evoke the truth in his eyes, evoke the false belief of love and hate they acquired. The feel of his hands locking onto her face to level her gaze, limped fervently the hope of understanding. She swatted his hands away. She judged every part that bought them back here again, back to being nothing, back to being unrequited, unloved. Despised.

She watched him. The hard line of her vision tracing every unfamiliar bounds of emotion settling in the lines of his face, asking her to shut him out. To stop. To be over. To clasp him free from the ropes she held, the ropes she held onto tightly, "I... I thought it would be us."

She caught onto the lingering taste of him pulsating through her, the feeling of his bare hold slipping through, unfettered, broken, "I thought we planned every move to want each other. You, me. Us. That's all I thought about." She breathes, the emptiness fills every void within her. The stark feeling of despair and loath seeps through her broken cracks.

"It's tough you know..." Her voice cracks.

"You... you were my waking wish, my sanctuary of hope. My moment of truth, my rumble of despair. I made you my centre when all I needed was me." She holds his stare.

"That's the thing about unclaimed wishes. They slip through, they slither away, they manifest into nothing and that's what it has always been between us. Every part of me devoured every part of you but you choose to devour the parts that stayed on the surface. While I nailed every insecurity and need at your footstep you walked by it, without a flick of emotion. Without an ounce of care." She kneads her fingers through her hair, tucking every ruined strand at the back of her ear. The saltiness perched the tip of her tongue, devouring her taste buds, reminiscing the ruins of her broken heart.

"Why didn't we give up. Why didn't we replace our doubts. Why didn't we try. Why didn't we do anything to bridge the long gaps of gloom and self righteousness." She watches the lines of grief fill the rigid edges of his shallow face. He reached out to stop her, to fill the void, to claim the unspoken words.

She didn't stop. She didn't want to be acknowledged. "These moments, these memories, these chances, all these hopeful beliefs are nothing more than a materialized form of security. I thought we were building a road to map the places we belonged in, but while I placed the edges, filled the pages, you... you parted and scouted your own set of territories depriving me the chance to map the places and memories that stick close to you. That make you, you."

She takes a step back, her vision curling with every unshed tear, "They say relationships are build on a foundation. A foundation so strong that nothing fragile could rope it apart. But... that.. that was something we never had. Something we didn't build on, something we roved on for miles and never stopped to settle. We only spurred on faultless silence and madneing egos and careless whispers. We never sought a place of sanctuary, a place of peace, respect, hope, love and most of all sanity. We never had that. While I looked at you with starry gazed eyes, you drifted deeper in the woods of your own sheltered sphere." She reached for the handle. The weight of the wooden door baring against her own standstill heart.

She turned around facing the broken hinges of the cupboard doors, the fleeting cracks of the wooden floors, the broken trail of tears streaming down his hardened face.

She stepped forward wiping away the traces of her heart cascading down his face.

She knew he wanted this, wanted to not want her. Her fingers lingered against the curve of his jaw, her eyes seeked the permission of his own. She curled her fingers at the back of his neck and kissed him one last time.

THE END

**

I know this story isn't too good. It originally was a draft I used to use for writing various break-up dialogues or a phrase that a character could use (in my other stories).

I thought of just glueing it all together and gave the voice of a strong but nerving character to emote it all.

The next stories are gonna be really really good, have been working on them for months.

Until next time
Love,
Jill.