45. The Second Liveshows

I sighed and made my way up the stairs before giving Anna one last hug. My hands were trembling as I heard the presenter announce me. "Ladies and Gentlemen... It's Skyler!" All the lights were turned off and I took the last steps on the stairs. Not I was on top of them and I could see the audience. They couldn't see me because it was so dark on stage. But when the music started playing the lights turned on again. I grabbed my guitar and started playing along with the music. I slowly walked down the stairs and I began singing.

I felt picture perfect
On and off a shelf to a broken frame of mind, a broken frame of mind
It comes back and haunts me
A bullet undercover, it fooled me every time, it fooled me every time

But even if I lose it all
I've got so much left to give, I won't give up, no, no
My heart's on the front-line, I'm not afraid

I will love you
Like I've never been hurt

Run through fire for you

Like I've never been burned.
I'm gonna risk it all like I've never lost
Gonna give it all I've got
I will love you,

I will love like I've never been hurt, never been hurt

You set fire to ashes

You fought through the darkness and brought me back to life,
you brought me back to life

So even if I lose it all
I got so much left to give, I won't give up, no, no
My heart's on the front-line, I'm not afraid

I will love you,
Like I've never been hurt
Run through fire for you,

Like I've never been burned
I'm gonna risk it all like I've never lost
Gonna give it all I've got
I will love you,
I will love like I've never been hurt, never been hurt

I will love you and forever
I will love you like I never
Like I never heard goodbye
Like I never heard a lie
Like I'm falling into love for the first time
Yeah

I will love you,

Like I've never been hurt
Run through fire for you,
Like I've never been burnedI'm gonna risk it all like I've never lost
Gonna give it all I've got
I will love you,
I will love like I've never been hurt,
never been hurt

Even though I chose this song before Luke and I got into that argument, it really felt like this explained our situation. Well, mine. I know he saw Elliot as a threat, but I love him and only him. And I have my pepper spray, so... At the last chorus my voice cracked and tears were blurring my eyes. I don't know if that was because of our first fight, or the fact I was on my period... Okay, too much information, I know. But I didn't stop singing. Hell, this feeling I get from being on stage, I don't think I'd ever stop. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down, because this performance had to be perfect. These were the second liveshows! One thing goes wrong and your ass is on the line. The music faded away and I quickly wiped some tears away. Luckily I wore waterproof mascara. The presenter came walking towards me and threw his hands over my shoulder, squeezing it. I turned towards the judges. Some were smiling in sympathy, some being in deep thought. Or so it seemed. "Luke, you go first." Ah fuck. I felt really guilty because this made Luke probably feel like shit, seeing me like that. "I... I really liked the song. I think it was a perfect song for you to sing and it seems like that song really describes the situation are in. Because, well, we all noticed it. I just... Great performance." I nodded and shot him a small smile. John Feldmann was sitting next to him and nodded, agreeing with him. "Ed?" The presenter said. "I totally agree with Luke. To make a performance better, you have to really mean what you're singing. And I don't know who you were singing this to, but he's one lucky guy." Ed said and I chuckled. "Thanks." I said quietly into the microphone the presenter held. I shot a small smile to Louis before the presenter continued "Hayleyyy!" The presenter dragged out her name. She was silent for a while. "When you came to me with this song, I thought it wasn't a very good idea. But during rehearsals I saw you turning it into your own kind of song. And Alex and I admire you because of that. No matter what song you choose, hell, maybe even Adele, you turn it in one of your own. And that's a great quality. And even though there were a few ups and downs during the performance, I still think it was really good." I smiled and nodded. "Thanks." I said and saw Alex winking to me and I chuckled. Luckily she wasn't mad. And all these positive responses... I thought I planned my own death when my voice cracked. Let's hope Australia agreed with the judges, because they had to vote. The presenter talked to the camera about which number you have to text or call to vote for me, but I didn't really pay attention anymore. I couldn't wait to be in Luke's arms again. I know it sounds really stupid, but it's true. I just want to tell him I'm sorry about earlier and that I overreacted. I really did. If the roles were reversed I would've done the same. But I had to be stupid and it took me way too long to realize that. "Ladies and Gentlemen... Skyler!" The presenter shook me out of my thoughts. I walked off stage and waved to a few people. When I was backstage I quickly put my hair in a messy bun and quickly walked towards my dressing room. "Sky, wait!" I heard someone say and when I turned around I was pulled into a hug by Charlotte. I sighed and hugged her back. "You okay?" She asked and I shrugged. "I think I am now. I don't know what happened. It was stupid." I said and she nodded. "Well, if you want someone to talk me I'm always there okay?" She said and I nodded. "You're a great friend you know that?" I said and she let out a 'phggft' sound. "Ah staph it you." she said and I chuckled. "Well, I have to go. I have to perform after Tom..." She said and I nodded. "Okay, good luck!" I said and gave her a quick hug before she walked away, to the stage.