26. Reunited

I opened the big black door, stepping into another, brightly lit room. I squinted against the light, heard a scream and saw Anna running towards me with her arms wide open. She latched herself onto me and screamed in my ear. "THAT WAS SO GOOD I CAN'T EVEN! And Teenage Dirtbag! Best song ever! Ohmygosh. You chose Hayley! I would've totally done the same." Anna rambled. I saw the cameraman just in time before I wanted to say something about Luke. She let go of me and after that my mom gave me a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you." She said. "Ew, you're sweaty." Anna said and I bursted out laughing. After that I hooked my arm into my mother's and walked out of the room. We passed another desk, with another woman behind it. "Hi, can you please leave your mail, number and some other things so we can contact you?" She said while she handed me a pen and a piece of paper where I had to fill every question in. I quickly filled everything in and handed her the paper back. "Thank you. Congratulations, by the way." She said. I thanked her and walked back to my mom and Anna, who were waiting for me.

When we got home it was already 10pm. Luckily I didn't have to work tomorrow. We went through the McDonalds Drive-Through because we were all hungry. I mean, duh. When are we not? Anna wanted to go out tonight, to celebrate. I was really tired, but I agreed just to make Anna happy. I brought my mom home and I drove to our apartment. Yup, after we graduated we moved out, to live together in a nice apartment nearby our old homes. I turned the key around in the lock and slammed the door open. I threw my bag on the ground and jumped on the couch. I laid down and I closed my eyes. I felt myself falling asleep until my phone buzzed. I heard Anna rummage through her closet for something to wear. I unlocked my phone and saw I had a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Never thought I'd see you again, especially not at the Voice :-)

I recognized those creepy smileys anywhere. It was Luke.

Me: Fuck off Luke.

Unknown: I'm sorry okay?

Me number: Sorry for what? Telling us you'd contact us? Or breaking that promise?

Unknown number: Our management went through our phones and we had to cut off all 'unnecessary contact'.

Me: Boohoo. So now they changed their minds and you can suddenly contact me again?

Unknown number: No, they don't know.

Me: Whatever Luke, I'm gonna go.

My phone buzzed again, but I ignored it. I groaned and stood up from the couch, walking to my closet like a zombie. Luckily Anna and I had separate rooms. I rummaged through my closet and couldn't find anything. I looked around my room and saw the black skater dress I bought for the audition laying on my bed. Luckily I changed my mind and wore normal clothes to the audition. I put the dress on, walked to the bathroom and applied some mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow, making smokey eyes. After that I put some nude lipstick on and walked back to my room. Where are my shoes...? I rummaged through the closet again and a couple seconds later I found them. I put them on and searched for some jewelries. After a minute I decided to wear a simple feather necklace and black and silver bracelets. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some money out of our 'clubbing' jar. Don't ask. "Are you ready?" Anna yelled from the living room. "Jup, coming." I put the money in my bra and walked towards the door. "Lego." I said. She began humming the Shakira tune and I chuckled.

We walked a couple of minutes before we were surrounded by a busy street full of people looking for a party. Anna and I walked towards the club we always went and stepped inside, and we were immediately met by warm sweating bodies and the smell of alcohol. I never really like clubbing. Or dancing. But Anna always dragged me along, so... Normally I was just sitting at the bar, making small talk with random people. But one thing I do like about it is seeing Anna drunk. And she's drunk really fast. It's hilarious. Anna dragged me to the dancefloor and I thought I saw a familiar quiff of blonde hair, but it was gone in a second. I guess it was nothing.