11. Streets

I played Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri one more time, wanting it to sound perfect, not missing a single note. The last week was spent collecting lyrics and writing it down on my guitar. It looked really cool. I also spraypainted the back of my skateboard. It looked really cool now. It was black and red checkered. I strummed the last chord and smiled. It sounded really good. Right now, I can play Kick Me by Sleeping With Sirens, Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri, Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran and Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. It was really cool that I could learn 3 songs in a week, as long as I was really motivated for it. And I was. I looked at my guitar and smiled. I had almost all the lyrics of Kids In The Dark on there. It was my all time favorite song. Along with American Idiot and Kick Me. Those were on there too. And random sentences, quotes, and some doodling. It looked really awesome and it made the guitar a bit personal. And I really liked that. Oh, another important thing. My mom officially divorced my dad and changed my name from Munro, my father's last name, to my mom's last name, which was Mitchell. So now it was Skyler Mitchell. That sounded a lot better actually. "Ding dong. Di- Di- Ding do- Ding- Ding dong. D-D-Di-Ding D-" Someone was at the door. I immediately knew it was Anna. She was the only one who rung the bell like that. Fucker. I walked slowly downstairs. I swung the door open, and there was Anna, skateboard in her hand. "Yo, I was gonna teach you some tricks remember?" She said while walking past me inside. "Um... No I don't?" I asked. "That's because I didn't tell you. But we're gonna." She said. I shrugged. "Okay then. Lemme get changed." I ran upstairs, changed into jean shorts and a simple black tank top. I put my hair in a messy bun and put my black Vans on. I looked in the mirror for a second and nodded. After that I walked downstairs again, skateboard in my hand. Anna was sitting at the kitchen table, with the jar of cookies in front of her. I rolled my eyes and snatched the jar away from her. "Hey!" She protested. I took one out and set the jar back on one of the shelves. She quickly downed her limonade and set the glass back on the table with a bang. "LEGO!" She yelled and ran outside. I grabbed the house keys and locked everything behind me. My mom was at work, so I was home alone. When I turned around I saw that Anna didn't wait for me and was almost at the end of the street. "Thanks for waiting!" I yelled and quickly rode after her.

With a pout I held one half of my skateboard up, while Anna was lying on the ground, laughing. "You should've seen your face!" She said between laughing. "It.. it was hilarious!" She bursted out laughing again. All that spray painting for nothing. Ugh. Well, maybe I could glue the two halves together and hang the thing on my wall...? "Shut up." I said to Anna who was still laughing. "I don't have money for a new one!" I said frustrated and Anna stood up again. "Better find a job then." She said and I groaned. "Can we not talk about that now?" She chuckled. "Sure. Oh, I forgot to tell you. My parents aren't home tonight..." She said. "SLEEPOVER!" We both yelled and laughed after. "Sure, I'll go ask my mom." I said. "Well, let's go ask now. Not like you can do tricks on that..." She said and I looked at the sorry excuse of a skateboard. "Yea, let's go."

"Mommaaaa!" I yelled when Anna and me walked through the front door. No response. I walked to the kitchen and saw a post it on the fridge.

Hey,

I have to take the night shift tonight, I'm sorry.
If you want you can invite Anna over for the night?
Food is in the fridge.

Kiss, mom.

"I guess we won't have to ask her then." Anna said who was reading along from over my shoulder. "Jupp." I said. I threw the note in the bin and walked upstairs, Anna following me.

"Can't you help or something?" I asked while carrying 2 heavy bags. "No, sorry. I have my hands full." Anna said and I rolled my eyes. She had her phone in one hand and candy in the other. "We're almost there anyways." She said. I dragged the bags onto her front porch and when she opened the door I ran to the couch and plopped down. "Lazayy." Anna said and I scoffed. "So, what are we gonna do first? Try to cook?" I shook my head. "We better get pizza or something. "Good idea! I'll call them now. Quattro Formaggi right?" She asked and I nodded. She had the pizza delivery at speed dial. Typical. I looked around and my eyes landed on the xbox. I pointed at the xbox while looking at Anna. She gave me a thumbs up, indicating I could start it up. So I did.