32. Date?

"Have you fixed things with Luke?" Hayley asked. I smiled. "Something like that." We were sitting in her dressing room, with just the two of us. "We talked it out, and we're okay again." I said. "But I don't really want to be seen with him, because maybe other contestants will think that I have an advantage because I'm friends with Luke? I don't know." I said and she nodded. "Yea, I think people are going to assume things quickly. Especially with you being friends with them and all that." Hayley said and I nodded. "But, let's talk about the live shows. I have a couple of songs that you maybe like, but if you had thought of something already, just say it." She said and I nodded. "Yea, I thought- Okay, maybe this sounds a little bit weird, but Fireproof by One Direction." Hayleys brows shot up and she looked at me like she didn't think it was a good idea. "But I'll change it. I'll play electric guitar, have some drums, you know? Make it more rock." I said and she thought for a moment. "It's risky... But if this works out it'll be amazing. But this is all your choice. And if it isn't a good song, we'll see at rehearsals next week, you'll have to choose another one." I nodded. "Yea, of course." I said. Okay. I had to work really hard to change this song, because I really want to sing it.

~Week later~

"Hey!" I protested when Luke pushed me into a random room and locked the door behind us. "I have to be at rehearsals in 5 minutes!" I whisper-yelled. I hadn't seen him in a week. Well, except for Skype. And we texted and called a lot. But now that I saw him butterflies erupted in my stomach. I pecked him on the lips quickly. I pulled away and he smiled... Nervously? "Hey, what's going on?" I asked. He scratched the back of his neck and looked really uncomfortable. "I.. uhh..." He said. "You can tell me." I said. I really had no idea what was going on. "Erm.. Would... youmaybewanttogoonadatewithme?" He said very fast. My eyes widen. This is what he was so nervous about? Why the hell would I say no? "Sorry. What did you say?" I asked oblivious. He glared at me. "I'm just messing with you. Of course I will." I said smiling. He smiled brightly and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me against him, and because he was so tall I had to look up. He pecked my lips quickly and then my nose. I scrunched up my nose and brushed my lips against his. He responded immediately by pressing his to mine.

"Sorry, I'm late! I think." I said while running on stage, out of breath. "Well, better late than never." Hayley said while giving me a short hug. "So... Fireproof?" She asked and I nodded excitedly. I'm not done yet, but I've come quite far." I said and she nodded. "Well, lemme hear it! I'm curious what you made of it." I smiled brightly. I walked to the microphone while putting the strap of my guitar around me. The music man played the music. I began playing the short solo at the beginning of the song, and Hayley looked surprised.

I think I'm gonna lose my mind,

Something deep inside me, I can't give up,
I think I'm gonna lose my mind,

I roll and I roll 'til I'm out of luck,

I'm feeling something deep inside,

it's hotter than a jet stream burning up,

I got a feeling deep inside,
It's taking, it's taking all I got,

'Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do,

And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do,

It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe we're fireproof,

'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do.

The way you do.

Ooh.

I didn't sing further, because this was just a rehearsal to get Hayley's approval for the song. I saw that Luke was standing next to her. "So... What did you think?" I asked her. She thought for a moment. "I really like where you're going with this, but you're not done yet. You need to make it more rock. But you're almost there." Hayley said and I nodded. I could do that... I smiled at Luke and he winked. Luckily Hayley didn't see that. "I'm gonna get some... Coffee." Hayley said and left. So it was just Luke and me. "What did you think?" I asked while sitting on the edge of the stage. He sat next to me. "I really liked it, but it's not entirely you. Like Hayley said, make it a little bit more rock." He said and I scrunched up my nose. "I don't really know how to, to be honest." I said. "I'll help." Luke whispered while grazing his lips over my ear. He jumped off the stage and walked away. "Great idea for our first date!" He whisper-yelled while winking. After that he turned around and walked away. Damn, what that boy did to me.