16. Lunch

I plopped down on the lunch table, where Ashton, Calum, Michael and Anna were already sitting. I've had English with Ashton and Anna, and Math with Calum, Michael and Anna. I was missing vacation already... The teachers were... Well, the English teacher was a bit weird, and the math teacher was super chill. But it wasn't like you learned a lot from him. I didn't mind though. The lessons were chill so that's good. "So, how's school so far?" Calum said. I groaned. "It's... School." I said and they chuckled. "Yes it is." Ashton sighed. "Well, you have history and music after lunch right?" Michael asked and I nodded. "And you already know everything from history class, so that will be great. You can totally outsmart the teacher!" Anna said. "Hm. I don't think so. But we're all in music class right?" I asked and they all nodded. "Music class with Mr.Brown..." Calum said. Oh. "Is he terrible?" I asked. "Nah, it's just... He likes Mozart and Bach and all those people you know? So it's all piano and violin with him." Anna said. Hm. I can play piano... Maybe I can make him like me with that. Calum looked at something behind me with distaste. "You look like you've seen broccoli." Anna said. "Worse." Calum replied. I looked behind me and saw the group that I saw a few weeks back when I was performing. The 'populars'. Anna groaned. "If Lux comes to our table, I swear to-" "She's coming." Calum shut Anna up. A girl with beach blonde hair and electric blue eyes walked to our table. When I looked behind her I saw het whole table looking at us. "Hey. It's Skyler right?" She asked. "Jupp. And you are..." I said. I already knew, but I wanted to say something. "Lux Martin. And before you ask, yes, I'm family of Ricky Martin. He's my daddy's cousin. Oh, and my daddy is the principle of the school." She said proudly. Umm okay? "Oh okay." I said. I didn't really care, but... Oh well. "She doesn't care Lux. Nobody does." Anna said. Oh, here we go. "And nobody cares about your life Anna, ugh." She said. Wow. Great comeback. "So, why did you come here again?" I said while narrowing my eyes. Nobody talks to Anna like that. "I wanted to welcome you to the school. So, welcome." She said. "Thanks." I replied shortly and turned around again to my lunch. I began making small talk with Michael as if she wasn't still standing behind me. I heard her scoff and walk back to her table again. "She gone?" I asked and Calum nodded. "Yup. She doesn't like you." He said and I shrugged. "I don't really care." I said. "Are the others just as bad?" I said while I looked at the other people who were all listening to something Lux was talking about. Probably me. "Jupp. You have Taylor, the blonde haired girl, Monica, the one with the brown hair and blue top, Tessa, the one with the brown hair and white top, Luke, the one with the blonde side fringe and the blue polo, Jason, the other blonde haired guy and Tate, the one with black hair." She summed them all up. As I looked around the table I saw Luke already looking at me. I quickly turned around and I saw Anna rolling her eyes. "He gets all the girls, seriously. It's disgusting." She said and I nodded. He looked like that, yea. "So... I think the whole school knows you're new and you sing at Jones'..." Michael said and my head shot up. "What? Why?" I asked. "Well, they were talking about you in class. Just random people talking about 'new girl'." He said. Hm. I nodded and took a bite from my apple. I'm okay with that. As long as they don't know all the hacking stuff... They would think of me as 'the nerd who can hack'. Ahh, fuck. "If I piss Lux off, she might go to her dad for information on me, and her dad knows about the hacking stuff, and then she'll tell the whole school and I'll be the 'nerd who can hack'." I said in one breath. "Hey, calm down. The principle can't tell that sort of information to anyone. Not even his daughter. Okay? She won't find out." I thought about it. Yea, that was probably true. I relaxed a bit and aimed my apple at the bin in the corner of the lunch room, a couple meters away. I threw it, and it landed in the middle of the bin. Ahaa, take that! I smiled brightly and looked at the others who were staring at me. "Oh, did I say that out loud?"

"And Marie Antoinette, one of his wives, died in 1792. She died of..." I tuned the teacher, Mr. Tanner, out because it was so boring. I already learned all of this last year in LA. I opened my notebook and began drawing random things. Mostly logo's of bands. "Miss Mitchell. This is your first history lesson, so I suggest you stay alert and pay attention to this class." Mr. Tanner said. He was already hating on me. Great. "I already learned this last year." I replied and he narrowed his eyes. "Oh did you?" He asked. "Yea, actually, we've already discussed all of these topics." I said while pointing at my history book. "So you know everything already?" He asked and I shrugged. "I think so, yea." A small smile played on his lips. "Well, let's play a game." He said creepily. Ugh, this was probably gonna be something along the lines of: 'my student tries to outsmart me, so I'll try to outsmart her so I can prove a point to the class that I'm better than them'. Yea, that was probably it. "Miss Mitchell, when was Pearl Harbor?" He asked. "1941." I replied. "Na-ah, full date." He said with a grin and I rolled my eyes. "December 7th,1941." I said and he looked surprised. I heard Anna chuckle next to me. "This is gonna be fuuuuunn." She whispered and I chuckled. "The fall of the Berlin wall?" He asked. ''November 9th, 1989.'' I answered.

''Civil rights act?''
''July 2nd 1964.''

''John F Kennedy assassination?''
''November 22nd 1963.''

He was getting pissed off, I can tell. This was so much fun. The whole class was silent while looking at the both of us with smiles. This was great.

''Assassination of Martin Luther King?''
''April 4th, 1968.''

''The battle of Gettysburg?''
''July 1st to July 3rd, 1863.''

''Korean war?''
''June 25th, 1950 to July 27th 1953.''

"HA! IT ENDED IN 1952!" He yelled. Well, congratu-fucking-lations. But wait. It wasn't. "Umm, I'm pretty sure it ended in 1953." I said. He looked irritated and was silent for a while. "Somebody look it up. Quick!" He said while glaring at me. Michael, who sat in front of us grabbed his phone and within a minute he had the Korean war wiki page in front of him. "It was 19..." He said and the whole class was silent. I held my breath in. "1953." He said and I smiled brightly. The whole class ooh'ed and some people bursted out laughing. I smiled and looked at Mr. Tanner who looked like he could kill. Probably me. I high-fived Anna and laughed along with Michael and Calum.

"Hey history nerd!" I heard someone yell from behind me in the hall and a couple people bursted out laughing. "Don't look back, it's Luke." Anna said while dragging me along. What a dick. I heard them still laughing behind me and I ignored them. "Are they in music class?" I asked Anna. We had music class right now. "Nope, none of them, luckily." She sighed and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Soo, new student today!" The teacher said while he walked in. "Where is she... Ah there!" He said enthusiastically. "I'm Mr. Brown, and you are...?" He asked. "Skyler." I replied. "So, Skyler. Why did you choose music class?" He asked. I looked at Anna and she was rolling her eyes. "Because I like music?" I replied. He nodded, waiting for something else. After a while he noticed that was the reason and nodded. "Do you play any instruments?" He asked. "Yea, I play piano and bought a guitar a few weeks back." I said. "Piano? Oh wauw. How long have you been playing?" He asked, now extremely interested. It was weird. "Um... 8 years." I said and his brows shot up. "Ahh, can you please let us hear something?" He almost begged. "Um... Do I have to?" I asked. "YES!" He yelled. So... He was really passionate about the piano? "Okay then." I said and sat up. Ashton, Calum, Michael and Anna, who were sitting next to me shot me a thumbs up. Which song was I gonna play? Warriors? Nahh, that was almost the most easiest song I knew. Oh, I know. When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus. When I was 12 I was obsessed with The Last Song, where Miley plays piano. And I wanted to be able to play that song, so I learned it. I put my hair together in a high ponytail so it wouldn't hang in my face while playing. I sat down at the piano, which stood on a small stage and began playing.

"I think he's obsessed with you." Anna said while we were walking out of music class. "I'm afraid so..." I said. He spent half of his lesson talking about me and the piano. Like Anna said. Obsessed. We walked towards the lockers and I found myself out of balance, because someone pushed me. It was Jason. "Dick." I mumbled under my breath. Luckily he didn't hear me. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" Anna yelled. He ignored her and walked further. "Fucking dicks. All of them. I hate them with all my stomach." She said and I looked at her like she was crazy? "What? My stomach is bigger than my heart, so that means I hate them more." She said in a duhh-tone and I chuckled. I opened my locker and put my books in it. After that I grabbed my skateboard and held it tight. I put the straps of my backpack on my shoulders and within 3 minutes we were already on our way home.