23. Bromance... Seriously?

"WE have an announcement to make." Calum said while slamming his hand to the middle of the lunch table, almost giving me a heart attack. Anna and I looked at the boys, waiting for Calum to continue. "We're gonna form a band!" Ashton said. A smile crept on my face. "That's actually really cool. I mean, you guys were great." Anna said and I agreed. "What's the name of the band?" I asked while taking a sip of my water bottle. "We don't have many ideas yet... But we were thinking about Bromance." Michael said and I spit out my water, all over the table. They all looked disgusted and I bursted out laughing. "Bromance? Please tell me this is a joke." Anna said after she wiped the water from her face. But the boys shrugged and looked very serious. "Well, if you don't want to end up at the bottom of the music industry, I suggest you think of another name. Bromance... Seriously? Gosh." She said. "Okay, okay. We'll think of something else. Michael said while throwing his hands up in surrender. "Okay, everybody, think very hard about a name kay?" I said while rubbing my temples, pretending to think. When I looked up I saw the 4 boys deep in thought. Phsj, I'm not gonna help. It's their band. "How about... Something like... You know, on Twitter you see usernames, like CoffeeCody. Or if you take Anna's name for instance, Anna..... AngryAnna. You know? ModestMichael..." He chuckled and Anna pretended to be hurt. "Best time of the year in 3... 2... 1..." I said quickly and the boys said the first thing that what was on their minds. "Concerts." Calum said while Ashton said "Vacation." Luke said "Summer." and Michael said "Sleeping." We all looked at Michael weirdly. "What? I had to come up with something quickly..." He said. "Okay. So now we have concert, vacation, summer and sleeping." I said and they nodded. "It's a bit weird to have concert in your band name." Anna said and I nodded. "I actually like summer." Ashton said. "Me too." Michael said while Calum said "Same." I nodded. "Okay, summer it is." Michael smiled brightly. "Okay, a word that goes with summer and begins with an s." Calum said. "Sushi Summer." Luke said randomly. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. "Shitty Summer." Calum said and Ashton bursted out laughing. I slapped myself in the head. Why were they so childish? Gosh. "Swimming in the Summer?" Calum said. "The next APMA award for best rock music goes to Swimming in the Summer!" I said and scrunched up my nose. "Nahh, that doesn't sound right." Michael nodded. "APMA's? We'll be lucky if we even got a ticket to go there to be in the audience." Ashton said. "Not so negative. And you never know." I said. "Summer Shots?" Luke said. Hm. That was actually kinda nice. "Isn't that weird because you're all underage? And won't you come over as wannabe's?" Anna said. I shrugged. "Let's write it down." I said and wrote Summer Shots on a piece of paper. "Seconds?" Michael said. "Like... Seconds of Summer, Last Seconds of Summer... That kinda thing?" He said uncertain and I smiled brightly. "That's really cool." I said while I wrote it down. "Isn't it better with a number? Like 10 Seconds of Summer?" Ashton said. I nodded. "6 Seconds of Summer." Michael said. "Why 6 though? There's 4 of you." I said. "But there's six of us." He said. He was including Anna and me. "But we're not in the band. So 4 Seconds of Summer." I argued. "Six." He said and playfully glared at me. "Four." I said and glared back. "Okay. The middle of four and six is five, so it's gonna be Five Seconds of Summer." Anna said. "That sounds actually really nice." I said. "Duh, I came up with it." Anna said and I rolled my eyes. "Five Seconds of Summer." I wrote down on the paper. "Isn't it cooler with a 5 instead of five?" Calum said and I immediately scrapped the five and turned it into a 5." I smiled at the paper and laid it in the middle of the table. "All in favor of Summer Shots put your hand up." I said and looked around. Nobody put their hand up. "5 Seconds of Summer?" I asked and they all put their hand up. "Okay. 5 Seconds of Summer it is." I said while high-fiving Ashton.

So basically '5 Seconds of Summer' was going to record a song today for the first time and upload it to YouTube. And Anna and I were not allowed to go. Ugh. So now I'm laying on my bed, with nothing to do. I went through the small drawer in my bedside table and found my notebook. I opened it and saw the song I wrote. The one about my father. I read it through, took a deep breath and closed it again. Nope, not today. Not in the mood. My phone buzzed and I saw that it was Anna.