54. Too Many Ideas

"Finally awake?" I heard Hayley say when I stepped into the kitchen. "Nope, still sleeping." I said sarcastic. "You're always like a ray of sunshine. Especially in the morning." She said and Ed chuckled. I walked to the coffee machine and put it on. I decided to forget about yesterday altogether and just enjoy the days I had left here. Not like that was an easy thing to do... But I'll try my best. When the coffee cup was full I took it in my hands and sat down at the kitchen table, where Hayley, Ed, Charlotte and Marcus sat. "So, what are we gonna do today?" I asked while taking a sip of my coffee. "Rehearsing. Just going to think about ideas for the performances already." Hayley said and I nodded. "And we're going to have the best ideas because we're going to beat them." Hayley said while pointing at the others with narrowed eyes. I chuckled. "Phsj. Everybody knows I'm better than all of you, so..." Marcus said and everybody laughed. "Where are the others?" I asked. "Luke's still sleeping and Katy had to go to the city for a couple of hours, something to do with her management. And Elliot is outside." I nodded. "Well, I'm going to change into some other clothes. Don't want to walk around in my pyjamas all day." I grabbed a croissant from the bowl on the middle of the table and walked upstairs. Actually.... I'd love to be in my pyjamas all day. But that'd be weird. When I was on the first floor I thought of a plan. Quietly walked towards Luke's room and opened the door. I closed it behind me and tip-toed to his bed, where he was still asleep. He looked cute, with his mouth half open and his long legs tangled in the sheets. I wanted to wake him up by screaming or something, but then the others would hear... The water-method..? Nah, that was cruel. I shook his shoulder. "Lukee. Wake uupp!" I said and he frowned. But nothing else. "I have food..." I said, but no reply. Damn, I thought that was going to help. "You'll get a kiss?" I said and his eyes opened immediately. Just kidding, he was still sleeping. No way he could've heard me. I groaned, walked away from the bed and ran towards it. I jumped on the bed and landed on Luke. He groaned and his eyes opened a little bit. "Wake. Up. Please?" I said in between kisses. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "Noo, come sleep with me." He said with a pout. "Noo, you have to get up." I said, even though this bed was pretty comfortable. And Luke's arms around me too, of course. But he closed his eyes again and pretended to sleep. "What the hell?" I said. I saw him trying not to smile, but did it anyways. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but his arms were tightly wrapped around me. "Fuck you." I said. He opened his eyes and looked at me with a smirk on his face. "Yes please." He said. I slapped his chest and leant in to kiss him, but a knock on the door cut me off. My eyes widened and I looked over at Luke. By now, the door handle was pressed down and I quickly rolled off the bed. Well, it was more like falling. I quickly rolled under the bed and held my breath. I saw two feet with Nike's walk in. It could be either Ed or Elliot. "Hey... Uh... Whatsup?" Luke asked. "Well, are we going to rehearse today? Because the others already begun. I don't know about you, but it's already 12pm." I heard Elliot say. "Yea, of course. I'll be down in a minute." Luke said. It was silent for a couple of seconds before Elliot mumbled something under his breath, turned around and closed the door behind him. I heard Luke fall back onto the mattress again and I crawled from under the bed. "That was close." I said while laying next to him on the bed. He rolled over and was now hovering over me, leaning on his elbows. "Yes it was." He said while pressing his lips to mine passionately. I rolled us over so I was on top and he groaned. When I pulled away he pouted. "You, have rehearsals." I said while pointing at him. He groaned again, but for other reasons. "Elliot is such an ass." He said. I chuckled and pecked his lips. "See ya later." I said before climbing off the bed and walking to the door. I listened if there was anybody in the hall, and didn't hear anything. After that I blew Luke a kiss and closed the door behind me. I quietly walked to the stairs so I could change. Even though these pyjamas are pretty comfortable.

With the sheets with lyrics and the chords of Kids in the Dark and Still Into You in my hands I walked downstairs. "Ah! There you are! Let's go to the beach and rehearse there." Hayley said while walking towards the piano room I was in yesterday. She grabbed an acoustic guitar and swung it across her shoulder. "Lego." She said and walked outside, down the steps onto the white sand. As soon as I walked out of the house, the camera crew, who sat outside, grabbed their things and started filming. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Just ignore them." Hayley said and I nodded, walking after her.

We walked for a couple of minutes and we were at a part of the beach what looked like nobody has ever been here. It was beautiful. Hayley sat down in the sand and I sat next to her. The camera crew followed all of our movements, but I ignored them. Hayley clicked her pen open and opened a notebook she brought along. At the top of one of the pages she wrote 'Kids In The Dark' and at the other she wrote "Still Into You'. "Okay. Before we start rehearsing... Do you already know what you want the stage to look like? And your outfit? Dancers? Because it's the finals. You can be flying down in a full zebra costume if you want." I chuckled and shrugged. "I guess so... Not the flying zebra part though. That's ridiculous." I said and she chuckled. "Maybe with Kids In The Dark it would be fun if all the lights went out and I'd wear a glow in the dark outfit. So everything is dark, but you can see the bright colours of my outfit. And maybe my hair too? I don't know." I said and Hayley nodded while she wrote everything down. "And dancers or something?" She asked. I thought for a while. "Yea, I guess... And they'll wear glow in the dark too. That'd be cool. And maybe a blacklight on the audience? So they'll glow too." I said and Hayley nodded, writing everything down. "So glow in the dark hair, outfit, dancers, blacklight... Glow in the dark guitar too?" She asked and I nodded. "Yea, maybe only the outlines." I said and she wrote it down again. "And everything else is black. Oh, and maybe when the chorus starts, at the 'breakdown' or 'drop' of the song, the lights will turn on for a moment. Or like in the music video, sparks or fire or something like that." I said and she nodded. "You're full of ideas aren't you?" She asked and I shrugged. "I just want it to be perfect." I said. "Well, if I read all of this and I can arrange it... It will be." She said and I smiled. I really hope so. I laid back in the sand, not caring that there was going to be sand in my hair. "That was all?" Hayley asked. I thought for a moment and nodded. "Okay. Still Into You?" I sat up again and thought for a moment. "The music video is with the balloons and the boat right?" I asked and she nodded. "Hmm... Maybe reenact the music video?" I said and she looked thoughtfully. "How would you want to do that?" She asked and I thought for a while. Lots of balloons on stage, maybe with a smoke machine, that'd be cool..." Hayley began writing everything down. "And then there's a boat in the middle, with the mic in it. And my guitar. Yea. Because when it begins I'll ride on a BMX to the boat, through the balloons, set the BMX down, climb into the boat, grab my guitar and start singing!" I said. Hayley looked at me with wide eyes. "You, are a genius." She said while hovering the pen above the notebook. "Can you repeat the last part again?" She asked and I chuckled. "Boat, balloons, smoke." I said and she wrote it down. "Mic and guitar in boat." She nodded. "BMX to boat, steps into boat, song begins." I said and she nodded. "And I don't know about dancers. They're cool though... But I don't know what kind of clothes... But it'll be cool if they dance with the balloons around them because they'll fly up." I said and Hayley sighed after she wrote it all down. "I don't know man, but I don't think you have any competition. You're just so full of ideas, and they're all amazing. I hope for Ed, Katy and Luke they thought of something good also, else they'd have no chance." She said. "Aw, thanks!" I said. "But!" She cut me off. "But don't think this will be easy. You'll still have to fight to get to the top." She said and I nodded. "I will." We were silent for a while. "Okay. Outfit?" She asked. I tapped my finger against my chin. "Hm... Not the same clothes you wore in the music video. It has to stay original. But I do really want the tights. The melted ones. They're awesome." Hayley wrote it down. "And maybe a crop top and high waisted shorts." She nodded. "Do you ever stop coming with ideas? Seriously. Is there an on/off switch on you or something?" She asked and I chuckled. "Sometimes I have too many ideas. Like now. And one idea leads to the other, and the next moment I could've written a whole book about what I just thought." I said and she smiled. "That's definitely not a bad thing." She said and I smiled. We were silent for a moment, just enjoying the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.

"But... We came here to rehearse. Which song will you be doing first?"