Chapter 29: Dinnertime

Still not edited, its 10:20 pm and I'm still sleepy. 

A little girl opens the door, Jayden's little sister. Also, one of my dance students. 

"Miss Juliette!" Her little arms wrap around my waist and her face buries into my stomach. 

"Hi Abby! Happy Thanksgiving!" I couldn't giver her a hug back, but with my free hand I reach down to rub her back a little bit. 

"I feel like I just saw you and then Mommy told me that you were coming over for dinner," She says with a big, crooked smile. 

"You did just see me, on Saturday! You are so silly," I ruffle her hair a little bit. "Yes, my family couldn't make it for Thanksgiving so your mommy invited me over. I live very, very close by."

Her eyes wide like she learned a secret, "No...way. Can I come and visit you at your house?" 

I lean down, and whisper, "Maybe." I stand back up, and no longer whisper, "How about you lead me inside so I can put my cake down?"

She nods and walks inside. I follow close behind her. She takes me to the kitchen, where I see Rebecca, the family matriarch, slaving over the stove. 

"Miss Juliette is here mommy!" Abby announces for her mother. 

Rebecca turns around. Her face is slightly flush from the cooking she is doing. A apron covers her thanksgiving outfit, but I could tell she was wearing a midi-skirt and a normal long-sleeved shirt. Her dark brown hair was twisted into a lazy french twist, held together with a giant clip. Pieces of her front bangs hang close to her eyes. 

"Juliette," she smiles sweetly at me. Putting her spoon down, she walks over and pulls me into a hug. "I'm so glad you could make it. We are just so thrilled that you could be with us this year!"

I smile, blushing slightly and looking away, "Thank you, I'm really happy I could be here. Thanksgiving would have really sucked if I had to be alone."

"Well, you never have to worry about that." She released her hold on my body and turns back to the stove. Picking her spoon back up, she shouts, "JAYDEN, JULIETTE IS HERE! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!"

Silence, then thud. Pacing feet up above us and then pacing feet going down the stair. Pause at the bottom, I'm guessing, then smooth steps. Jayden appears in the doorway. 

I could tell that his hair has grown out a good amount since I met him. His hair falls a slight waves in front of his face. Not in that emo-phase kind of way that was popular in the mid-2000's. But a more rugged and relaxed look, and I could see his crystal blue eyes clearly. Some front strands were pushed back naturally, but a few pieces broke free and dangle on his forehead. It was like a strange parallel to his mother's hair. 

His outfit was put together sharply: a pair of tan kakis, a navy button down shirt, and a gray quarter zip sweater on top. We matched a little bit, what a coincidence. He also wasn't wearing shoes, so I could see his socks. They were also navy, to match his shirt, with a bunch of sea creatures. I smiled. My eyes travel back to his and I tell him, "I like your socks."

He smiles sweetly back, "Thanks, you look wonderful today."

My eye divert away and my heartbeat increases. I swear that this young man is going to give my a heart attack and kill me one day. I didn't really care because I knew that the last thing I would see was him. 

I could basically hear the giant smile on Rebecca's face, who was right behind me. "Jayden, why don't you take Juliette's coat and show her where she can put her shoes."

"Yeah, I can do that." He walks to me and ask, "May I take your coat my lady."

Playing along, "Of course my good sir!"