Chapter 5: Ramen

This chapter and the next have many changes!!!!! If you are new, you are fine, if you are not new please read the next few chapters. In my newest chapter update I will explain all of the new changes that I did (meaning I just did two). 

The rest of the week went by fast and before I knew it it was Saturday. Jayden couldn't come over for most of the week because I actually had stuff after school. But we were able to get a lot done, and by we, I mean me...alone...in my study. Sometimes, he would write stuff into the shared online document. I actually didn't change it, I thought it was good stuff. 

Still groggy from waking up, I travel down the stairs. I look at the clock and its 9:36. My mom and dad are at the gym, and they won't be back for a while. I rummage around my kitchen, trying to find something to whip together. It was nearing the end of the week and my mom still needs to go shopping. I looking around in the fridge, the pantry, and lastly, the lazy suzan. I saw the easiest thing possible: Ramen Noodles. As much as I wish I could show my distain, I couldn't. I love Ramen Noodles. I boil a pot a water and get a cup of water to start drinking. I put some Netflix on my phone and just focus on that for the rest of the morning. 

One hour later, I finished eating and started to clean up.  By the time I was upstairs getting ready for Saturday dance class, my mother and father came home.

"Juliette, we're home," my father calls.

"Honey, you have 10 minutes before you have to leave."

Crap.

I rush around my room, opening my drawers for the perfect leotard. I didn't have time to see what it was, but I wish I did. I put it on and realizing it was my smaller one that gives me major cleavage, but I ignore it and just grab a pair of gray booty shorts. That was the usual Saturday look for all dancers. While I was getting dress, I wave my hand to twist my hair into a top not. I grab my jacket and pants and hurry out the door.

Luckily I was on time. I often stay in the shadows at dance, and I am not very well liked by the teachers at my studio. At least, my teachers don't like me very much. However, I gained the attention of a popular teacher that taught the non-competition kids, as we called them rec dancers. Her name was Darlene. At recital in eighth grade, she saw me go out of my way, asking to help anyone that I can and calming down little, scared dancers waiting to go on stage. She told me that I had the right attitude when working with children and asked me to become her assistant. She was always assigned to very large classes, because she was very good with them. However, Darlene was getting older and her knee was getting worse. Throughout high school, she mentored me when working with them. I started off controlling chaos, bonding with troublesome children, and showing off dance moves to teaching new dance moves and giving input on choreography. 

I would have quit at the studio earlier if I wasn't offered this job. The kids every year make me feel so special and so loved. I am happy that I have given these children a role model, someone that they can look back upon and say "they made me happy". 

This year I was given a very special opportunity to take over the class for the first half of the year as Darlene recovers from knee surgery. This was an amazing for me. First of all, I would be getting paid full time for this, meaning I could save money for college. And second, it was a new, normal challenge. Lastly, it was a really easy gig. I didn't have to come up with the recital dance, only a short Christmas dance. I was so excited when I learned about this is that over the summer I planned every single class that I would have to cover for, including finding and coming up with a Christmas dance. It made my life so much easier once the projects and college deadlines started rolling in. 

The two classes I was covering was a tap class and a baby ballet. Both of these classes were very structured with a set number of moves you teach because they are all so young. We start at the bar with some sort of warm up, then move to the center to learn a new step, then play a game or two (depending on how good they were), and then finish with across the floor. Today, even though it is not even Halloween, we are going to start the holiday dances. 

On the drive down, I ran through the dances in my head while listening to the cut versions of the songs. I was very excited because these dances are going to look adorable. 

I park in the far back because the lot is filled with all sorts of soccer mom cars. I walk swiftly into the building, because I am a little late. I see all of my little ones waiting with there parents. The first class I was teaching today was baby ballet. I turn the lights on in the studio, open the shades so the parents can watch, plug in my phone with all of the music on it, get my notebook with the lesson plan from my dance bag, and take a deep breath. Class is about to begin. I look at the clock, it was time. I open the door I just closed, and shout "Who's ready for ballet?"

A rush of kids line up in front of me. 

•••

Hey.

Please tell me you guys are liking it! Please comment, maybe vote. Please!

Love Maddie