Chapter 21: Skip a Beat

My Saturday started off with dance in the morning and family time in the evening. My mother and father came home while trying to fall asleep and were knocked out by the time I started dancing.

It was great to be with my mother again. I did forgive her for leaving without notice. She is recovering well from the surgery. She is still in lots of pain and her voice is very rough. She is still staying in Boston until the beginning of December. She is being hospitalized while she is on a special diet, so then she can get radiation to kill the last of the cancer cells. She will be an isolation while she is on the radiation for about three days and then will be sent home.

I am very happy that she will be back for Christmas. Sadly she won't be home for Thanksgiving due to the diet. I will have to figure that out for myself since my brother will not be able to come home, since he is coming back so frequent. Usually my grandmother cooks thanksgiving dinner, but she will not host it due to my mother and father being away.

I catch her up with my school and social life. Telling her the incident in my psychology class and my growing friendship with Jayden after spraining my ankle. She then starts to tease me, telling me that we should date because we seem perfect for each other.

I try to take her off the topic, but then she says, "Why don't you go over the Greene's for Thanksgiving! I talk with Rebecca and she isn't going anywhere or even having any more family over. Come on, it's a good idea!"

I smile, because it is not a bad idea and I won't mind spending time with that family. "I will think about it."

I haven't talked with Jayden that much because of my sadness from my great grandmother's death and her own funeral. At that moment I preferred to be left alone, and somehow with out talking to him he understood that.

We would wave to each other in the hallways and greet each other in class/homeroom, but he never went into deep conversation. Now that my stress is over and I am coming to terms with the information she passed on to me, I want to talk to him.

After a big family dinner, my mom retreated back to her bed and my dad watch TV for a little bit. I also headed to my room and laid in my bed until I felt tired, which never happened.

This "insomnia" is lasting long that I expected, and my powers still haven't return yet. However, this reminds me of how little I really need this powers. They are so grand and I could literally do and be anything with them. I still like to be independent from them, so I don't use them all the time.

It makes me feel guilty because I have these amazing gifts for a reason, and I should use them for more that just fucking around.

I am still so young and still finding my path. I hope I can find way with these powers soon, so I can no longer be lost.

In my boredom, I decide to text Jayden with a simple:

Hey

I wait for him to text back. He does with in a minutes. He must be pretty bored as well.

Hey, what's up? I'm sorry about your great grandmother passing...your friends told me about it.

I smile at his response. He is a very sweet person, I don't think I will ever understand the bad-boy rumors about him.

I've been alright. Thanks for asking. I'm sorry for being really distant recently. My grandmother left me something in her will and it kind of messed with my head.

I don't tell the whole truth, but I feel like I need to tell some part of the the complete story.

Shit, that sucks. Believe me, I understand all of that family crap.