Chapter 14: Party

OKAY ANOTHER BOLD TEXT UPDATE: THE WHOLE BRIANNA CHARACTER HAS CHANGED SHE IS GONE FROM THIS BOOK...IF YOU SEE HER AFTERWARDS, I'M SORRY SHE DOESN'T EXIST AND I AM SLOWLY FIXING THAT

The next morning, I realized that Jayden Greene was in my homeroom. I walk up to him and ask, "Hey, what are you doing here? Should you be in your own room?"

It wasn't that big of a deal that he was in the room. Many people visit their friends, however, the bell rung just as I woke up. 

I haven't been feeling like myself recently. I never knew that losing someone I was already losing was going to hurt so much. Sleeping last night was difficult. Tossing and turning with guilty thoughts plaguing my mind. 

The worst, and most deserve part, is that I am truly guilty. 

I pushed her away. 

I hurt her. 

I failed her. 

Somehow, a small part of me still justifies my decision. I had a feeling that our friendship wasn't going to last forever. We were already drifting (even though I made it worse) and with college, it would have made it worse. Now, she is at a prestigious school in Paris and I am still here. 

If I told her the truth and didn't push her away, she might have felt stuck to me and I surely would feel stuck to her. 

It is a huge secret and one that doesn't even make sense! If I told her, we would be forced together forever and our destinies might be ruined. She might not have gone to Paris, wanting to stay by me. 

Honestly, after a whole night of thinking, I really needed school. 

Jayden, who is still seated, said, "I told the principal that a kid in my homeroom was bothering me and I asked to switch."

"And that worked," I raised my eyebrow. I couldn't believe our school administration did something useful. However, I am almost sure it was a lie. 

"Of course it did! I am the new kid," He chuckled and rolled his eyes, like it was the most obviously thing in the world. "You know, you and your friend are being talked about the whole school?"

"Really, I couldn't notice," I say sarcastically. Of course I knew! Everyone from seniors to freshman have been walking up to me asking what happened or if I was dating the boy sitting next to me. I always reply with "Brianna moved away" and "No". That usually turned them away, away to gossip with their friends. 

"So," he budged. "What happened? I have a right to know because I somehow got caught up with this and I have a feeling it is more than just your friendship was on the edge."

I sigh, "Well, Brianna got mad at me the other day because of everyone talking about how you drove me to school which obviously means we are dating."

"Obviously!" He joins along, reacting sarcastically to my story.

"She was telling me how she couldn't believe I didn't tell her this or that I was hiding a secret relationship. What she was doing was talking to these old friends of our that hated my guts and always talked behind my back. We vowed to never talk to them. I was really hurt by that but she was more focused on getting the truth, something she could have just asked me! She told me that I was whoring myself out and throwing myself on to a guy. I'm letting you know now that I am not like that at all! I have never dated and I have no desired to date now. I am just baffled by the fact no one can understand at this school that two people can live near each other!"