14

Third-person POV

The bell rings and you sigh in relief. It's finally lunch. You walk down the stairs and make your way towards the usual spot. Chisato, Chiyo, Haido, Nendo, Kaido, and Kusuo are already there.

"Y/n!" Haido shouts enthusiastically, "come sit by me! I have something to tell you!"

You smile and take a seat next to him. You look across the table at Kusuo and send him a little wave and he nods, acting like his usual quiet self.

"So what is it that you want to tell me?" You ask Haido.

"I'm having a big tennis match tomorrow and I would love for you to come! With you there, I am sure to win!" He says excitedly, his eyes gleam while he waits for your response.

"Oh! Yeah sure, I'd love to come!" You say and his smiles widen even more.

"Great! It's gonna be a good match," he responds, unnoticed by you a light blush finds its way onto his cheeks. You look up at Kusuo to see him roll his eyes. You're about to ask him about it when Teruhashi walks over, a ray of annoying goodness surrounding her.

"Hey everyone!" She says sweetly and takes the open seat next to Kusuo. "What are you guys talking about?"

"We were talking about Haido's big tennis match tomorrow," Chiyo says. "Do you wanna come with?"

"Sorry I would love to but I have a photoshoot after school," she answers.

'Of course, she does,' you think. While Kaido talks about the book we're supposed to read for language arts, Chiyo taps my shoulder.

"So Y/n, did Saiko send you another letter?" Chiyo asks, pulling you into a separate conversation. You roll your eyes and show her a white envelope.

"It's the third one this week," you tell her. "It's so annoying."

"But don't you want to see what it's about?" She questions you.

"No. I've read the letters. He wants me to accompany him to an outing or some weird shit like that."

Chiyo gasps, "Are you seriously turning down an invitation to be wined and dined by one of the richest kids in the world?"

"Yes," you simply state, "he's a big jerk that gets whatever he wants, anytime he wants. I don't like douches like him so why would I even bother going through that torture."

"Okay, whatever you say." She bumps her shoulder with yours playfully. "You seem to have good intuition so I'll let this slide," she says with a wink and you smile at her.

You both join back into the conversation with the rest of the group. You all talk about school, the substitute teacher who looks like a pedophile, and the weather when Teruhashi looks over at Kusuo.

"So what are your antennas for?" She asks and before Kusuo or anyone can stop her, she takes one of them out of his head and looks at it. Kusuo's eyes widen and the next thing you know he's on the ground, pale as a ghost.

"Teruhashi, why'd you do that!" You yell and get up from your seat, jogging around to Kusuo who is now drooling and unresponsive.

"I just wanted to get a closer look! I didn't know this would happen," she says and tears begin to fill her eyes. "I didn't know." She starts to cry after you rip the antenna out of her hand and bend down to help Kusuo.

'Dumb, stupid bitch,' you think while attaching the antenna back to his head. Kusuo comes to and everyone is too busy focusing on Teruhashi crying to notice Kusuo. So you help him up and put his arm around your shoulder and walk out of the cafeteria to head for the nurse's office. But as soon as you exit the doors, you end up on the roof- teleported by Kusuo.