27

Saiki POV

I finish my homework and sit back in my chair. I'm hungry but I don't want to move. I could go downstairs and watch some tv or something but that sounds boring. I think about teleporting over to y/n's place but then realize that she's working today. I groan at this dumb situation. I'm so bored. Now I understand how y/n feels, being bored sucks.

I look at the time and see that it's 6 in the evening. Y/n's shift ends at 8 so I'll just head over to the café, it'd be much better than sitting here staring at the wall. I teleport over and make my way inside. I spot Mera and she walks her way over to me.

"Hey Saiki, you can head back, I think your usual spot is open," she says in passing as she goes to help a customer. I make my way to the back and wait for y/n. After a few minutes she comes around the corner and when she notices me, her face lights up.

"Hey Ku! I didn't know you were going to come in today!" She says with a smile and stops in front of my table. I find myself unable to stop a smile from falling on my face at her surprise.

'I was bored and I wanted coffee jelly.' I telepathically tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"I should've guessed," she replies with a smirk. "I'll be back, don't miss me too much."

I blow air out of my nose in amusement, 'I won't.'

She comes back after a while and I dig in. It's just so good. I finish eating it and I look around the shop. For a Thursday night it's pretty busy, I watch as other workers rush around the tiny store, tending to other customers. Y/n comes around the corner and grabs my empty dish.

"Sorry I can't talk, a lot is going on right now," she apologizes and I nod.

'It's okay, you talk too much anyway,' I say.

She gasps and acts offended. "The audacity! You shouldn't say that, I could force you to pay for the coffee jelly, ya know."

I glare at her and she does the same while putting her hands on her hips, but her seriousness doesn't last long before she breaks into a grin.

"Okay Mr. Sassy Pants, I won't. But you better be nice," she playfully scolds me while pointing a finger at me. "I have to get back but thanks for stopping in. I'll see you tomorrow?"

'I'll just wait until your shift is over,' I respond. 'I can walk you home.'

Her face heats up in that cute blush and she nods shyly. "Okay, if that's alright with you."

I just nod in response. She walks away and goes back to doing her job. I look at my watch and see that it's 6:45. I don't really care about waiting since this place has really grown on me.

I continue to look around the shop and my mind wanders to y/n. Just the thought of her makes me internally smile. I don't know what it is about her but she's simply perfect in every way. Anytime I'm around her I feel so different compared to being around anyone else. I have never felt this kind of attraction for anyone before but I surprisingly don't hate it. She comes into my line of vision and turns around. Noticing that I'm blatantly staring at her she sticks her tongue out at me and makes a face to which I roll my eyes.

'God I love that idiot,' I think and continue to look around the shop. But when I realize what I just thought my face starts to turn red but I quickly cool it down with cryokinesis. But after thinking about it, it feels right.

'Good grief, I love y/n l/n.'

+++++

After a while, y/n makes her way back over to me with a tired smile.