28

It's Friday night and the girls are on their way to my place for a much-needed sleepover. I have the living room set up with blankets and plenty of pillows and I have enough snacks to last days (which I know Chisato will appreciate). I hear a knock on the door and I open it to reveal a very excited Chiyo and Chisato and the new transfer student, Aiura Mikoto. She moved here recently and seemed really cool and turns out she's an oracle! She became quite popular in class because of it too but everyone only really cared about what she could do rather than who she was. So I asked her to sit with us at lunch and invited her over to my house with the rest of the girls for a sleepover!

"Hey, babe!" Chiyo says and flings her arms around me. "I missed you!"

I laugh and once I shake off Chiyo and let everyone in, I close the door.

"I just saw you a few hours ago at school," I respond.

"Well yeah but still!" She exclaims.

"So this place is all yours?" Aiura questions while looking around my apartment.

"Yeah sorta, my dad has a room too but he doesn't really use it since he's gone a lot."

"That's so cool! You could have as many parties as you want!" She exclaims.

I laugh at her excitement, "I guess I could but I like it more mellow, you guys are enough for me."

They set their stuff down and we head to the living room for some games. We catch up and talk about school and work while we play. After a while, Chisato suggests that we take a break for snacks, so we move to my kitchen table. We talk about school, the weekend, and how Aiura is settling in.

"So you're really a soothsayer, Aiura?" Chiyo questions.

"Yep! I am! Been like this since forever," Aiura says confidently.

"Wow, that's so cool!" I exclaim, "how do you do your readings?"

"Well you've seen me in class with my crystal ball, that usually helps, but sometimes I do whatever I feel is needed to see what I need to see. Sometimes the rituals are weird."

"Yeah, I'll say, when you were walking around the class and breaking pencils, that was funny," Chisato giggles.

"Yeah it's weird but when I do that it works," Aiura says with a shrug.

"I know you've been doing this a lot since you got here, but could you read my future?" I ask hesitantly, I know it's selfish to ask that but I am SO curious it's almost killing me.

"Sure! I haven't done a reading on you yet," Aiura says excitedly. "Give me your hand."

I place my hand in front of her and she grabs it with both of hers. She closes her eyes for a second before standing up quickly and going to my kitchen. She grabs a glass and fills it with water then comes back. Chiyo, Chisato, and I watch her in amazement as she takes some chips and crushes them into the glass. She swirls it around for a second before sitting back down and grasping my hand in hers again. An intense look of concentration appears on her face and she hums to herself. She opens her eyes and sets my hand down. She looks like she's in deep thought and I fear that something is wrong. She quickly looks back over at me and smiles with a big grin.

"I see a big event in your future! Maybe a birthday party or a wedding. Something big like that."

"Wow really?" I question. For some reason, I get the feeling that there's something else she's not saying. She seems a little on edge but masks it pretty well behind a smiling face.

"Yes! It'll be sometime over the course of the next few weeks."

"Maybe something big with happen at the school trip next week?" Chisato asks in between stuffing her face.