34

dress for wedding ^^ (if you don't vibe with it, that's okay!)

+++++

The weekend of the wedding quickly arrives and I find myself adding the finishing touches to my makeup. Every day leading up to this point I kept myself busy trying not to think about the wedding because if I did, I know I would possibly change my mind.

School started up again and I was successful in burying myself in school work. Kusuo and I hung out practically every day and it was nice. We would typically start with watching a movie and then forget about it halfway through since we'd be too busy focusing on each other... if you know what I mean. He'd stay the night, of course, and then we'd go to school together. He comes over so often that at this point he has a drawer of his school uniform and some other clothes in my closet. It's a dangerous game since I'm sure Kurumi has to have some idea what we do but I'm thankful that she's okay with it (at least to my knowledge). And, it's really nice being able to wake up some mornings with him at my side. We make breakfast and spend our mornings in peaceful silence. It's very domestic and sometimes I catch myself pretending we're a married couple. But then thoughts like that bring me back to the actual wedding ceremony that's coming up and I have to bury that anxiety all over again.

After I think I look pretty good, I turn to go grab my heels and Kusuo is standing in the doorway which scares the living shit out of me.

"What the hell?" I scream at him. "You scared me!"

He covers his mouth to hide his laugh but I hear it anyway and punch his arm. He hunches over, still laughing and I roll my eyes at him and pass him to get my heels. They're only a few inches and the heel part is wider so I hope they don't hurt. I hear Kusuo follow me and he's still chuckling.

'You should've seen your face,' he says. 'Priceless.'

I glare at him but hearing him laugh puts a smile on my face so I don't stay irritated for long. I look at his choice of outfit and see that he is wearing a simple black tux paired with a black tie.

"You look really handsome," I say to him, straightening out his tie a little.

'Thank you,' he says and gives me a chaste kiss on the lips. 'Ready?' I step back and finish putting on my shoes and grab my small purse.

"Yep," I exhale and take his hand, Kusuo gives it a reassuring squeeze and we teleport over to the location of the wedding. We teleport in a quaint forest and as we walk, I begin to hear soft music playing and after a few more steps, I can spot the wedding setup. It's an outdoor wedding surrounded by trees that have beautiful Edison lights connecting them. We get to the entrance and I stop and stare at the welcome sign.

Welcome to the Wedding of Stephen & Andrea L/n!

I continue to look at the sign and can't help but feel sad. It's not the fact that my dad is getting remarried that I feel my chest tighten. But the fact that this is really happening makes me realize that coming here was definitely a mistake.

"Kusuo, let's just go," I say quietly. "I was wrong, I can't do this."

'Y/n/n yes you can,' he says reassuringly but I feel the rising anxiety build up in my chest. Why did I think this would be a good idea?

"I think I'll reschedule."

'You can't reschedule, you're already here.'

I grab onto his arm and try to pull him back to where we teleported from but he won't budge. "I think I left my curling iron on."