7.

"Annie, what are you getting?" My fathers irritation was already getting the better of him. I wasn't too sure how long everyone ha been here for, though he was already glancing down at his watch, sighing as if he had been here for hours. 

I had only just gotten to the diner, Harry hot on my tail as I squeezed myself into the small overcrowded booth beside Trent. He gave me a side glance of annoyance, clearly irritated that I hadn't chosen to sit in the available space besides my mother in the booth.

If I had done that, I would of had to sit next to Harry as well, given the space was big enough for another three people. The car ride was enough for me, and I didn't feel the need to sit next to him as well. I nudged Trent with my elbow, causing him to roll his eyes and shove himself further into Michaels side. My father had dragged a near by chair to the booth, sitting in front of everyone with a stern expression. We sat around him, because of course, no matter where we were, he needed to be seated at the head of table. He sometimes thought he was some sort of King. 

"Isn't this lovely," my mother said, her glossy eyes flickering over to my brothers. A tight smile was plastered on her lips. Here we fucking go. "Family together for dinner."

The sarcasm rolled off her tongue like acid and it made me wince. It wasn't often we went out for dinner these days. My mother was a very big reason as to why. Her tendency to get too drunk was a common occurrence, and it often bled out into a fight. 

"Would be better if you put the bottle down." Johnny didn't miss a beat, grinning at her like the devil himself. Trent glared at him, but didn't bother say anything to shut him up. He agreed, but he didn't agree with saying something while we were out in public. Johnny on the other hand, had a love for causing scenes out in public. He was definitely our mothers child, even if he hated to admit it.  

"Do we need to get your eyes tested?" My mother asked sweetly, glaring at Johnny. "I'm drinking from a glass."

"Enough," my dad growled, before glancing down at his watch. "One night. I don't want to hear anyone arguing."

Johnny scoffed, but did what he was told. He slouched back in his suit, creasing it as he did. His jaw clenched in annoyance. Despite the suit he wore, a backwards cap sat on his head, making him look youthful, despite the murder in his eyes.  My mother just reached for the bottle in response, her dainty fingers wrapping around the neck as she poured herself another glass. My dad, who was a pro at ignoring the bad habits of my mother, turned his attention back down to his phone as if his family wasn't falling apart right in front of his eyes.

"Hello to you too," my mother slurred, raising her glass at me. She ignored Harry, as she tended to do with most of our employees. I was glad I didn't inherent her sense of being greater than everyone else around her. She had a knack for making people feel below her.

I rolled my eyes at her lack of table manners, choosing to keep my mouth shut and ignore her.  It was better for everyone this way. I still annoyed at everyone at the table given no one had informed me of this dinner but felt the need to contact Harry instead. Giving into my mothers snappy behavior was like rewarding a disobedient child. It would get you no where. I learnt that the hard way.

Harry had slipped into the booth besides my mother, though he sat with half his body out, almost as if he didn't want to touch her. I stifled a laugh at his sour expression. He laced his hands in front of him, pressing them down on the table as he nodded at all the men in my family in greeting before looking away. Guess he wasn't a fan of actually talking.

"If you give me a second to sit down, I might be able to tell you," I muttered under my breath, though I clearly wasn't quiet enough.

My father sent me a warning look, his eyes narrowing. Guess he wasn't in a good moment tonight, because he usually let my snarky comments slip. I was his precious baby daughter after all.