18.

Harry.

It was weird seeing Anna in my house. I didn't know if I liked it or not. I never brought my work home, in both the metaphorical sense and the literal. Apart from the random girls I brought home when I was too lazy to go to theirs, Anna was the first woman to walk into the apartment without it being for my own selfish, sexual desires.

Unfortunately it made my jaw tick and my body feel warm knowing that despite how much I wanted to lay my hands on the fierce woman, I knew I couldn't. Weirdly enough, it was a clause in the contract. It was clause in every contract that any guard signed. I wondered if Anna knew that. Knew that her brothers were so adamant on keeping her safe and pure from the world, that that made it nearly impossible for anyone to get too close to her. If they did, they were willingly giving the Taylor's their heart and soul as a sacrifice.

It made me wonder why they thought I was going to be immune to their sister. I was probably one of the youngest to ever be her guard, and I was probably the most likely to become a fool for her. Though maybe their trust laid in the fact they had never known me to be in a relationship, or to even look sideways at a woman whilst I was on the job. I was loyal to a T, in every way imaginable, especially to those I owed something too - and these people, I owed my life.

Though in saying that, I also didn't know what to make of the fact that Anna Taylor, the woman that made my blood boil, was under my roof, talking to my friends, like she actually belonged in my world. I didn't know whether I wanted to drag her out of here kicking and screaming, or make myself comfortable in her presence.

She sat there, looking almost relaxed in Nialls room, soaking up conversation with him like she had done it a million times before. In that moment, I realized that the sight of Anna in my clothes, in my house, looking far more relaxed than I had ever seen her, stirred something inside me. To put it bluntly, it made my cock throb.

It was fucked up, I know, given the circumstances that led her here, but I couldn't help the weirdly possessive nature to take over me at the sight of her. I also realized in that moment, that I fucking hated the fact she was in my clothes, though was in Nails' fucking room. I felt like a caveman with the way I was suddenly heating up on the spot at the sight in front of me.

Another thing about Anna Taylor, she could be wearing the simplest of clothes, which in this case, was an old shirt of mine and a pair of my shorts, yet she still reminded me of some sort of princess. I didn't mean that in a weird way, like the way someone called their significant other out of endearment. I meant it in the way that someone held themselves. All straight backs and poised postures. She looked elegant, was what I was trying to say. Almost as if a tiara belonged on her head.

She sat on Niall's computer chair, one leg dangling down while the other was brought up to her chest. A cold beer, which was mine, was in her hand, and she had a delicate smirk on her lips when I entered the room, guns blazing.

I didn't want to know where her clothes were gone or where she had gotten changed, but a smug looking Niall told me that I didn't want to know. He was lying across his bed, pale body on display with his hands behind his head. I wanted to kick him in the shin.

Anna had a glow to her, the LED lights of Nialls room were dimmed a lilac purple, casting a glow on her that made her look wicked. She offered me a smirk, though I didn't return it. I couldn't do anything but stare, my whole body seeming to feel on fire.

"Six minutes and nine seconds," Anna said, tilting her head. She turned to Niall, her smirk widening. "You owe me dinner."

"I said eight minutes though," Niall whined loudly;. They both ignored my presence, like I wasn't in the room. He was speaking to Anna as if she was his long term friend and ignoring me as if I was the stranger. I tried my best to ease the sudden scenario of throwing him out of the window out of my head, but it sounded like too good of a fucking plan right now. "Surely that counts for something."