9.

I never did find out if my car was bugged with anything. As soon as Harry got a hold of Trent and explained what had happened, Trent arrived at the parking lot, and I swore I saw steam coming out of his ears. He had been livid. He screamed at me in front of anyone, and I had yelled right back. Michael had to grab me by my waist to stop me from launching myself at him in frustration. If I had known what was happening behind the scenes, I obviously wouldn't of kept it a secret that they were visiting me. 

I told Harry to go fuck himself as Trent dragged me to his car, shoving me into the back seat and slamming the door in my face as I screamed at him. Michael had given the cold shoulder, whilst Johnny threw every profanity my way. I had almost made Trent crash when I lunged over the seat to smack Johnny in the side of the head with my fist. 

Johnny and Michael had taken my keys from me after that, and disposed of my pride and joy. Johnny had told me he had set in on fire, smiling smugly with his bruised face. I wanted to slap the smile off his stupid head, but they told me a new car would be on its way, but I was yet to receive anything. I had been locked in the house ever since then, on some sort of house arrest. Trent just told me I should count my lucky stars he didn't tell our dad when I complained he wasn't my dictator. 

That was a week ago now. I hadn't spoken to Harry since then, nor did I plan on doing so. He had been following me around like the fucking plague, though I forced myself to stay in my room until this whole charade of needing a bodyguard was over. He spent majority of his days standing outside of my bedroom door, hands laced in front of him and face blank. What a shit way to spend your days, I had thought to myself.  He deserved it though. That's what he got for being a fucking snitch. Lucky for him though, his punishment ended today since my father did mention today was his last day being my personal guard. 

It was my birthday. I was officially twenty-two. And yet, I was all alone. Well, as alone as you could be in a house full of security guards.

I hadn't seen my family all day, and I told myself it was because they were all preparing the final details of my party, though I knew that was probably far from the truth. No one, other than Maria had even wished me a happy birthday. It was now evening, the setting sun glowing a gold light through my window, illuminating my bed.

I had done my hair and makeup myself, drowning my self pity in alcohol and grunge music as I got ready. I told myself that I needed to relax, that I was a Taylor and Taylor's didn't let their emotions seep to the surface. Unless it was some sort of aggression, that is. No one was allowed to see you upset. Being upset meant you were vulnerable and being vulnerable meant that it was easier for someone to target you. I repeated that phrase to myself in the mirror until my smile didn't look as forced.

I did a little twirl, spinning around to look at myself the mirror. My form of rebellion came in what I was wearing. I had ignored the dress my mother had placed out for me the night before, instead I squeezed myself into a dress I hadn't worn since I was sixteen. Back then, I hadn't developed any breast, nor were my thighs as thick as they were today, so the dress sat differently. It was more revealing and all the more perfect.

My body was wrapped in a long sleeve silver dress. It had a deep v-neck, plunging low. It sparkled when the light touched it, and tightened around my body to highlight my curves. I wore black pumps to give me a bit of height, but they weren't high enough that my feet would ache by the end of the night.

I thought a tennis necklace would go with it, given how the diamonds glittered and stole the show in any event where I wore them. Though, since I had recently gotten my nails done, I was having a hard time clipping it together. I scowled myself in the mirror, frustrated.

The sound of heavy footsteps brought my attention away from the task at hand, and I met the lifeless eyes of the one guard I had been avoiding at all costs. Sighing to myself, I gave up, putting the necklace away before looking up again. I guess he was here to collect me for the party. Was it bad that I was not looking forward to it?